No announcement yet.

2013 Topps Archives Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the review. Always been a fan of the on card fan favorite autographs.

Greg's Sports Cards

Looking to trade for/buy:

Patrick Ewing cards (950/1600+)

Always looking for Syracuse related cards as well

Comment

Toshi | May 11, 2013 | Reply

I just came back from a minor grocery run to Walmart. My daughter moves out today with a roommate right across the street from Kent State University. It’s a convenient situation. Of course the grocery run was for her. What does this have to do with 2013 Topps Archives? As I mentioned, convenience is going to get groceries and finding a new release available in one location. With this in mind, this is a great and inexpensive way to test a new release. I know that this set is a throwback to simpler days which is fantastic. This allows novices like myself and young collectors to be exposed and made aware of vintage cards. Topps accomplishes this trait. The cards are printed on old school type stock. It’s one thing to purchase vintage cards like this, it’s another to do this on a new release. I’m not a fan of this! Just take a look at 2012 Topps Chrome. Throwback designs on great card stock. Other than this fact, I think Topps has done an excellent job. Now I’ll have to see if I can purchase some ’50′s and 60′s cards on eBay!

2013 Topps Archives
      I recently purchased 2 blaster boxes of 2013 Topps Archives from Walmart. I don't know how I feel about it. I really loved 2012 Topps Chrome inserts of "Tall Boys and "1984"! The design stayed the course and was true to the vintage cards. Yet the card stock and feel were superior. And it was done in Chrome. Archives was done true to the vintage cards, in my humble opinion too true. I would love to see the same designs with modern stock and a modern touch to it. I did get 2 hits, Peyton Manning Red Parallel and a John Elway gold Parallel. I did enjoy the mini glossy cards, I got 4, Tom Brady, Ray Lewis, Darren McFadden, and Doug Martin. The most interesting card were the pop ups, I got a Jared Allen and Jim Brown. Please note; "Once you find these, it is pertinent that they immediately go into a penny sleeve and then a top loader". They are extremely FRAGILE and can seperate very easily! Besides my goal to purchase a complete 1984 set, I'll look into one of the many different years that are portrayed in 2013 Archives!

Share your thoughts on 2013 Topps Archives!
      Last edited by hayn; 05-12-2013 at 11:59 AM.
      Last edited by hayn; 07-05-2013, 11:15 AM.
      I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Good review thanks. I really like the throwback design and seems like a fun set. Nice Refrigerator auto too.

Comment

I like the overall feel and the nod to previous card designs. I don't think that people will be busting this product with the hopes of getting a $1000 card but I don't think that was the intent of Topps this time around.

--Jeff

Comment

great review love the Ickey Woods auto
            http://photobucket.com/trades_bucket
            Collecting Panthers and Lots more

Comment

like the Marino not a big fan of retro
              UD Baseball MASTER SET Collector!! I need 1 copy of every BB card UD made. My want list is far from complete. LMK what you have & what you want

Comment

Nice review!

These take me back to some of my first pack purchases.
                - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

Opened a box of these last night. Fun packs to open. Pulled a Don Beebe auto and a Mercury Morris auto redemption. Was hoping for a "super action" card. That was one of my favorite cards as a kid.

Comment

Working...
                  X