Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Press Pass Legends Football

2009 Press Pass Legends Football

Look to pull (5) Autographed cards and (1) Game-Used Memorabilia Card per box (on average)!
    Also look for One of One Press Plates, one per box (on average)!
    Featuring seven levels of autographs and thre levels of jersey cards!
    3 mini-boxes per box, 6 packs per box, 5 cards per pack
    PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:
    - Five On-Card Autographs & One Game-Used Jersey In Every 18-Pack Box!
    - At Least Two Autographs Will Be Legends!
    - 1 Of 1 Press Plates - At Least One Per Case!
    - Seven Levels Of Autographs And Three Levels Of Jersey Cards!
    ENERGIZED INSERTS:
    BASE PARALLELS
    - Bronze #'d to 999
    - Silver #'d to 350
    - Gold #'d to 99
    - Emerald #'d to 25
    - Platinum #'d 1 of 1!
    SATURDAY SIGNATURES - Autographed insert featuring the legends of the past along with legends of the future!
    SATURDAY SIGNATURES PLATINUM - Autographed parallel with platinum foil, seq #'d to 25 or less!
    ALUMNI ASSOCIATION - Insert featuring 2 alumni from the same school - 1:14
    ALUMNI ASSOCIATION INK - Dual autographs seq #'d to 50 or less!
    LEGENDS OF THE FALL - Features some of the top players in the history of college football - 1:7
    LEGENDS OF THE FALL AUTOS - Autographed parallel #'d to 399 or less!
    LEGENDS OF THE FALL AUTOS PLATINUM - Autographed parallel with platinum foil seq #'d to 25!
    ALL CONFERENCE - Insert featuring players who earned All Conference accolades in 2008 - 1:7
    ALL CONFERENCE AUTOS - Autographed parallel #'d to 399 or less!
    ALL CONFERENCE AUTOS PLATINUM - Autographed parallel with platinum foil seq #'d to 25!
    SATURDAY SWATCHES - Material insert featuring 1 swatch of game used jersey from a current player or past great #'d to 299 or less!
    SATURDAY SWATCHES PLATINUM - Parallel with a premium swatch, platinum foil and seq #'d to 99 or less!
    SATURDAY SWATCHES PATCHES - Parallel with a swatch of patch, platinum holo-foil and seq #'d to 25 or less!

The 2009 release of Legends has hit the shelves. It is fast becoming one of the most anticipated releases for rookie, college & autograph collectors. With 5 autographs per box (3 mini-boxes) and 1 memorabilia card, it is the best release from Press Pass yet.

Here's how we did:

Base cards -

The base cards are very sharp. They have a gray design around the edges and a flat finish with the player pictured being glossy. There is a nice balance of rookies and star players featured in their college jerseys. These cards should grade well this year. I pulled 60/100 cards for set completion.

Parallels - There are 5 versions Bronze #/899, Silver #/299, Gold #/99, Emerald #/25 & Platinum #1/1

Bronze -

I pulled 14 - B. Orakpo, F. Tarkenton, S. McGee, J. Casey, J. Theismann, C. Branch, T. Dorsett, B. Tate, M. Massaquoi, L. Taylor, K. McKinley, I. Johnson, O. Newsome & R. Watters.

Silver -

I pulled 4 - J. Brodie, C. Taylor, G. Johnson & B. Robiskie.

Gold -

I pulled 1 - C. Branch

All Conference 1:7 -

Extremely good photographs of the featured player with a faded larger version of the same picture as the background. I pulled 3 - James Laurinaitis, Pat White & Aaron Curry.

Legends of the Fall 1:7 -

I just love the way that they put the leaves on the left hand side of these. To those of us living in the north, it puts that feeling of going to the fall football games there for us to look at. The action shots are great on these. I pulled 2 - Lawrence Taylor & Bernie Kosar.

Alumni Association 1:14 -

A nice insert set featuring 2 player from the same school. The top and bottom of the cards have a dark gray leather look to them. I pulled 1 - Lawrence Taylor/Hakeem Nicks.

Game-used -

I pulled 1 - Saturday Swatches Platinium - Darrius Heyward-Bey.
    This is one sweet patch card. This is what I really like about the Press Pass products. These are real game-used rookie cards and not event/player worn jerseys!

Auto's -

I pulled 5 of them. The only downside was that I got 2 B. Pettigrew Auto's from this box. The best is in my opinion is the Gifford #7/25.

Final thoughts -

As with the previous releases of Legends, this is a big time hit with collector's. The line up of players in this product never ceases to amaze me. Good quality photographs of players no longer with us has been a staple of Legends. Jersey patch cards seem to be the biggest rage out there. Everyone wants the patch card and not so much the plain jersey cards. And then, as with every Press Pass product released, On-the-Card Auto's. It seems that i can never say enough about them. I love to have that card the the player actually held in his hand to sign and not some ugly sticker that most card companies are forever bound to.

My favorite card has to be the Frank Gifford Auto.

Here's how I would rate this product;

Value = 5
    Innovation = 4
    Fun and Experience = 5
    Rebuy Value = 5

I rate this product an "A-" for Press Pass!

NPN:
    Hand print your complete name, address & email address on a 3X5 card and mail in a #10 envelope to:

NPN 2009 Press Pass Legends Football
    9115 Harris Corners Parkway, Suite 200
    Charlotte, NC 28269

Postmarked by Oct. 12, 2009 and received by Oct. 19, 2009. Drawing on Oct. 31st.

I would like to thank Kirsten at Press Pass & Card Collectors World for giving me the chance to review this new product.

Support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!

Great box, even with two Pettigrew's! Awesome DHB, Gifford, and Knowshon! THANKS PRESS PASS!!!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Very nice break! I assume Gifford is a HOFer or something? lol

THANKS PRESS PASS!

Comment

wow sick box...what is the MSRP?
        sigpic

Comment

Nice Bey
          My Site
          http://www.freewebs.com/randallcardssite/

Comment

sweet break, love the gofford
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
            I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

Awesome break! The Gifford is amazing. That Coffee guy isn't bad too! lol

Comment

I believe that they can be bought for around $125-150 for 3 mini boxes.

Dan

Comment

I enjoy the Press Pass Legends. I especially like the on card autographs. I would like to see them expand the selection of autograph participants. I wish they would get some of the older College Football Hall of Famers to sign. Now that would be cool. Overall on a scale of 1 to 10 I would give this product a solid 8. Great job again Press Pass.

Comment

Very nice product a lot of hits
                    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
                    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
                    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
                    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Working...
                    X