2010 Press Pass Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Press Pass Football

Configuration: 28 packs per box. 4 cards per pack.
    CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS:

- The first set to feature Autographs and Jersey Cards of the top 2010 Rookies.
    - PRESS PASS SIGNINGS - the first autographs from the newest rookie class.
    - At Least 5 On-Card Autos In Every Box!
    - Look for randomly inserted red ink and inscription autograph variations!
    - Six autograph levels to collect, including the "Power Picks Showbound" parallel sequentially numbered to only 25.
    - "Gridiron Gamers" returns, featuring rare game-used collegiate jerseys from some of the biggest stars in the draft!

PRODUCT DETAILS:

AT LEAST FIVE ON-CARD AUTOS IN EVERY BOX!

PRESS PASS SIGNINGS - Comprehensive set of certified authentic autograph cards from the top 2010 rookies with three distinct levels. BRONZE features each player's school logo. SILVER features each player's uniform number, seq. #'d to 199. GOLD includes an "X's and O's" pattern and is seq. #'d to 99. BLUE features a secondary school logo, seq. #'d to 50. Look for randomly inserted "red ink" version, as well as "nickname" versions)...1:5.6 Hobby

GRIDIRON GAMERS - Rare game-worn jersey cards from the hottest new rookies. Three levels of seq. #'d memorabilia cards!...1:72

POWER PICK - Short printed subset, featured on holo-foil board (base cards #101-105)...1:14

POWER PICK AUTOGRAPHS - Autographed version of Power Pick, sequentially numbered to 250 or less. Power Pick Showbound Autos #'d to 25! (Hobby only)

BANNER SEASON - Fifteen of the top players from the collegiate gridiron are highlighted in this insert...1:4

REFLECTORS - 100-card set of the base cards printed on holographic stock, PLUS Hobby-only Reflectors "Proof Edition" numbered to 100 and SOLO 1 of 1's

BASE CARDS (100 TOTAL CARDS) - 1-50 are straight player cards. 51-60 are Trophy Club Cards. 61-76 are National Leader Cards. 77-92 are All-Conference Cards. 93-100 are Teammates Cards (featuring 2 rookies from the same college team.)

BLACK AND WHITE (100 TOTAL CARDS) are a black and white parallel to the base set inserted 1:140 packs

what did we pull in our box of Press Pass 2010 football

Base cards, we pulled 91/100 cards for the set

The photography is top notch and the design is nice and simple. This year's set is a very clean layout. I really like the borderless cards, it directs you to the player

Power Picks

The Power Picks is a small 5 card set tacked on to the end of the base set. They are set up to be 1 in every 14 packs or 2 per box. These are nice action shots with the player taken out of the game and put on a team colored background. There is also an auto'd version.
    We pulled 2, Sam Bradford and CJ Spiller

Reflectors
    [IMG][/IMG]

Reflectors are a nice parallel set that hasn't changed much over the years. They basically chrome out the background, leaving the player as they are on the regular card. It really makes the players jump off the cards.
    We pulled 2 reflectors and 1 proof reflector.
    Jordan Shipley /500
    Tim Tebow/Aaron Hernandez Teammates /500
    Jason Pierre-Paul /100

Black and White

Black and White are another parallel to the base set except they are done totally in black and white coloring with silver foil
    We pulled 1
    Jason Pierre-Paul

Banner Season

The final Insert Set is the Banner Season set. This is a 15 card set that is inserted 1:4 packs. This should have netted us 7 Banner Seasons but it didnt. This is a nice looking horizontal set that has the player's action shot and a closeup version of the same shot tinted the school's color.

THE HITS

The best thing about the Press Pass sets is the fact that their autos are On-The-Card autos. Like many collectors, I'm not a fan of sticker autos. These cards have nice action shots on the left hand side with a large white space left open for the signature. The school's logo, or the players number will be lightly in the background. The box itself advertises 5 autos per box and this box lived up to those expectations.
    We Pulled, Rob Gronkowski bronze auto, Anthony Dixon bronze auto red ink(sp /50),
    Andre Roberts silver auto /199, Brandon Ghee silver auto /195.
    And our last auto was a Power Pick Golden Tate auto /250

Final Thoughts
    Press Pass football has done this year what they do every year. And that's create a very nice looking set that gives you a lot of bang for your buck. They feature excellent photography and a nice simple design that seems set up to really emphasize the player. You can never go wrong with on the card autos either.

The base set is 100 cards. Out of this box we pulled 91 of them with no duplicates. The Power Picks set is 5 cards with 2 per box and we got 2 The Banner Season Insert set consists of 15 cards and we got 6. We also pulled one of the rare Black and White parallels.Press Pass football is a fine product produced by a company that wants to help collectors build rather than rip them off with multiples of the same card

Here's how I would rate this product;

•Value = 5
    •Innovation = 4
    •Fun and Experience = 5
    •Rebuy Value = 4

I rate this product "B+" for Press Pass. It was a fun box to open and i will buy more

I would like to thank Press Pass and Cardcollectorsworld.com for giving me the opportunity to review this product.

NPN INFO
    Npn 2010 Press Pass Football
    9115 Harris Corners Parkway, Suite 200
    Charlotte, NC 28269

one entry per envelope mailed seperately postmarked by july 12th and received by july 29th
    Last edited by fuser; 04-18-2010, 02:02 PM.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
    I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Nice Review Tim. I love the on card Autos, and the design is always good for this set, Thanks Press Pass!

Comment

Nice review Tim. I like the look and background of the power pick cards. The autos look really nice too. I have never seen an autograph signed in red.

Comment

Press Pass always does a nice job with these each year.

Nice review Tim.
        - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

Great looking autographs.....and I love those black and whites!
          Randy
          United States Air Force, Retired
          ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
          balance of life, an individual diagnosed
          with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Love the on-card autos, keep them coming Press Pass

Nice Review Tim
            Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
            Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
            Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
            Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

I love the on-card autos, and the base looks sharp as usual. Power Picks looks lacking in comparison to previous years though.
              "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

I always like the on-card concept. I don't like how they have gone away from the holofoil look on the majority of their inserts.
                I am looking for: JJ Watt, Kawhi Leonard, George Springer, Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, Panini Points...
                http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z260/leedawg62/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/143859720@N05/albums
                I don't deal outside the US

Comment

Working...
                X