Clear All

• 2010-11 Score Hockey

2010-11 Score Hockey
    Release Date: October 13, 2010
    Retail Configuration: 7 Cards, 36 Packs, 20 Boxes
    Retail Pack SRP: $0.99

Case Hits
    * On average 1 Auto per Case
    * Look for Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews, Eric Lindros, Patrick Roy, Mario Lemieux, Martin Brodueur, and other exciting NHL stars!

Box Break
    * 18 Rookie Cards per box, featuring holdover freshmen from 2009-10 such as Nazem Kadri, P.K. Subban, Brandon Yip, and Zach Hamill
    * 36 Glossy parallels
    * 12 Superstar inserts, including The Franchise, Net Cam, Snow Globe Die-Cuts, Sudden Death, and many more!

Highlights
    * One of the hobby’s deepest and most challenging base sets, sure to thrill team collectors and set builders alike!

* 550 Total Cards (500 Base and 50 Rookies)

* Two massive subsets recall the season’s most compelling moments and the memorable quest for the Stanley Cup!

* Chase old-school inserts such as The Franchise and Snow Globe Die-Cuts, along with new favorites like Net Cam and Playoff Heroes! Plus, look for rack pack-exclusive Canada Greats and USA Greats!

* Rookies falling 1:2 packs! And every box of Score hockey includes one Rookie Redemption, good for one of the first cards of the hottest freshmen of 2010-11! There are 60 total Rookies (10 Redemptions and 50 Hot Rookies)

Here is what we pulled:

Base Set

The base set is gonna be very challenging to put together for the completists with 550 cards (500 regular and 50 rookies), but will be very rewarding once finished. The card design was made to look like the Score set from the 1990 season.

Rookie Cards

We pulled 18 Rookie Cards: Cliche, Clune, Elkins, Falk, Fortunus, Irwin, Jackson, Johnson, Klementyev, Pechurskiy, Penner, Reese, Samson, Smith, Spaling, Tangradi, Wellman, and Wilson. This gives us a terrific start to obtaining the entire 50 card set.

Glossy Cards

These parallel cards have the same design as the base cards except with a glossy shiny finish. We pulled 36 Glossy Cards: Bourque, Budaj, Clowe, Couture, Cumiskey, Duchene, Foligno, Foster, Gagner, Giordano, Glencross, Hannan, Hemsky, Horcoff, Hordichuk, Jackman, Johnson, Kovalev, Moss, Mueller, Neil, Niemi, O'Reilly, Pechurskiy RC, Pietrangelo, Plante, Regehr, Regin, Rypien, Samuelsson, Sarich, Setoguchi, Shirokov, Spezza, Tangradi RC, and Wilson RC.

Anniversary Cards

These parallel cards have the same design as the base cards except with the inscription 20th Anniversary in gold on the front of the card.

French Back Parallel Cards

These parallel cards have the same design as the base cards except the back of the card has a phrase in French. I haven't been able to confirm the pull rate that they fall at, but I have heard perhaps as few as 3-4 per case.

Insert Cards

Franchise

The Franchise inserts show players that are considered their team's franchise player, and Drew Doughty certainly falls into that category.

Net Cam

We pulled 3 Net Cam cards: Backstrom, Rask, and Vokoun. Another spectacular display of photography. These are also gonna be highly collectible.

Playoff Heroes

We pulled 6 Playoff Heroes cards: Cammalleri, Gagne, Gionta, Leino, Samuelsson, and Subban. All players in the insert set are those who stood out during last year's Stanley Cup playoffs.

Snow Globe Die Cuts

The coolest looking insert set from this product. These die cut inserts will be a collecting favorite, and who better than Roberto Luongo to start the set off?

Sudden Death

These cards show us moments from last year's playoff overtime games. This one features Montreal Canadiens goalie Jaroslav Halak and Washington Capitals forward Nicklas Backstrom.

Autographed Card

We were extremely lucky with our review box, by pulling the case hit auto of Colorado Avalanche's top goalie Craig Anderson. What a sweet looking card!

Final Thoughts
    Score is a product that can be enjoyed by all levels of the collecting world, from the youngster spending his hard earned allowance, to the hardcore guy looking for one of the highly collectible buyback autos. The base cards are extremely nice looking with great photography, which makes this a dream for the set building community. With 18 rookies per box on average, it also satisfies the rookie card collectors. The $1 a pack price point is something you don't see much anymore, and the contents that each box delivers is far worth every penny spent on this product. I am extremely happy that Panini has produced a product like this, that gives the younger collector the chance to collect cards of their favorite players, in a hobby that has quickly become all about the money. Great job Panini!

Here is how I would rate this product:
    Value = 5
    Innovation = 5
    Fun and Experience = 5
    Rebuy Value = 5

I rate this product A+ for Panini!

NPN:
    NPN 2010-11 Panini Score Hockey
    2300 E. Randol Mill
    Arlington, TX 76011-6333

Hand print your name and complete address on a 3x5 card and use a #10 envelope.

Postmarked by 1/15/11

Limit to 2 entries per household.
    Only one card per envelope, mailed separately.

I would like to thank Panini & Card Collectors World for giving me the chance to review this new product.

Please support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!

I love the classic feel! The snow globe die-cuts and netcam cards are sick too!
    TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
    A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

wow..the "snow globe" is a fantastic looking card.....great idea there by Panini!

.....and you have to love the action autograph card.

Thanks for the fantastic review!
      Randy
      United States Air Force, Retired
      ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
      balance of life, an individual diagnosed
      with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

awesome.. a great auto.... and the french back!! I am with everyone else I love the snow globe, and I love the photography on Sudden Death.. what a killer angle!

Comment

I love the snow globe die cut card design. Thats great to pull an auto since it is one per case. Panini did a real nice job with this affordable product for all ages.

Comment

Thanks to my partner Kerwin for the major help in putting together this review, of what I think is one terrific product for everyone. Thanks again to Panini for allowing us the opportunity to review their great products. Their entry into the hockey card world has been a pleasant surprise for this long-time collector, and I just can't wait to see what's up next. Just wanted to say a great job to Al Muir, and his staff at Panini for 2 magnificant hockey products thus far.

As for Score itself, I have to agree with everyone that the snow globe inserts are by far the best I've seen in a long time, and are sure to be a fan favorite. Hitting the case hit auto was a exciting surprise, as was the very rare french back card. I've been trying to get a guage on how rare these are without much luck, but there was a fellow who busted 2 sealed cases of Score, and only pulled 5 french backs total from both cases. I wonder if there will be someone out there crazy enough to try to put this set together? We didn't get a rookie redemption card in our box, and I'm not sure if we were suppose to, but the guy with the 2 cases got 8 in total from 2 cases, so I'm thinking they are not suppose to drop at 1 per box like originally posted. They also seem to be numbered from 551 to 560, so probably not considered part of the base set.

CCW members stay tuned for contest announcements, as we will be giving all these beatiful cards away in the very near future.
            Last edited by Leafsfan1967; 11-09-2010, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Wow....the Snow Globe insert set is one of the nicest looking sets I've seen in any sport in a long time.

Also, love the '90 Score design.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
              Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
              Johnson/Mears/
              Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

nice review!

Comment

Nice looking product!
                  Click My Banner To See My Bucket
                  Click My Banner To See My Bucket

Comment

I also agree the Snow Globe insert set is pretty beast, I love the whole retro product as a whole.
                    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Love the look of all the inserts in this set, but the base stuff brings back bad memories of collecting score those oh so long ago days.

Great review though.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                      Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                      Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                      MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                      NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                      NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                      NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                      I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Nice review and love the netcam cards.

Roy
                        Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

I really like the value of this set. It's a decent size base set, but not crazy large. Most of the players are top 3 lines of each team. Great entry level set for kids and starters. Cheap fun if you want to bust packs. Good cards for TTM or IP autographs.

Decent looking and feeling cards. The OPC base set feels cheap and is too large (700+).
                          http://photobucket.com/cards_for_trade_or_sale
                          and my personal auto collection
                          http://photobucket.com/tiger_tiger_cards_PC
                          Autograph cards WANTS: Mike Vernon, Larry Kwong, Bob Cole
                          Wants: GU All star net cards, 72, 76 Future Trends autos.

Comment

Love the goal cam cards and as a set these cards are great.
                            For news on all sports trading cards, autographs, memorabillia and collectables, visit my blog
                            sigpic

Comment

Score has come back to compete with the like of Collectors Choice and Victory to make an affordable choice for collectors. WHen you can get a pack of cards for 99cents or a box for just over 30 dollars it really gets the kids into collecting again. With the Autos in the case and Short Print Rookies out there it also makes for those Hockey Card collecting junkies something to collect. The massive Base set is cool and the vintage design of score brings me back to when I first started collecting. Overall Panini works its magic again as they come back into the hockey world with sets like these.

Comment

Working...
                              X