No announcement yet.

2010 Press Pass Showcase Review!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nce review!! The cards have a "Triple Threads" look to them. Nice Johnson and Logano too!
    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Awesome review!! Press Pass is always coming up with a nicer product year in and year out.

Thank you Press Pass for the chance you gave us to do the review and thank you Randy for telling & showing us a great product and an outstanding review.

Dan

Comment

Sweet looking cards...Price is kind of high for me right now, so I'll bask in your luck in opening this great product!
        ALL Danica Patrick items--vintage Reds/B.Dodgers--vintage (pre-1980) empty wax wrappers/boxes--P.Manning RCs--oddball pre-1970 paper products
        http://s177.photobucket.com/home/dupontis1

Comment

That was a pretty sweet box!

I am really impressed with the way Press Pass keeps out-doing themselves. This one will be hard to beat!
          - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

Well that was an interesting break....some thoughts....

I didn't buy Showcase last year and the economics of it prevent me from buying this year as well LOL. Based on all that I have seen here are my thoughts...

Price point...our hobby (card collecting in general) has definately gone toward the high end product and Showcase is (in my opinion) the upper class of the high end product that is out there in any sport or manufacturer. While it makes it prohibitive for some collectors (me for example LOL) it has its niche and does well.

Design - It's difficult to say oh this is good because I don't own any. However, I would like to see less of a border surrounding the actual picture. To me less border is better...I want more of the picture of the driver then all the border...but that's just me.

Collectibility - VERY high and all you have to do is look at eBay to see how people are chasing this product especially driver collectors. I do think that with all the cards numbered that's a positive though I wish there weren't SO many levels and parallels.

Driver Selection - pretty decent! Some of the problems I have is some of the combinations ie Stewart/Gordon/Jr/Hype er Patrick....yes all 4 drive Chevys and are popular but with Patrick in the NWS and the other 3 in SC, it makes no sense to me and is a poor card in that respect. Keep it as teammates or past champion or multiple champions or all open wheel stars or whatever....just doesnt make for a good card in my opinion.

The break looked good with good value for the $ if it were bought. Yes I'd love to win the Stewarts when they are up for the contests but it's like a lot of things in life....if I never get them, it's ok and not the end of the world. But overall Press Pass has another winner....maybe if I save my pennies I can get a box next year LOL....

Comment

You cant go wrong w/ a Johnson Sig. Series, Logano Tag/Sponsor Patch, and a Door # Triple RU!
              Ive not opened a box of Showcase yet (either '09 or '10), but I plan to save up enough $ to buy one.
              And I bought a Brad Keselowski 27 Base Card 5th Gear #1/1!
              And it was the "how ya doing buddy" waive card LOL!
              Looking for: Dale Sr, Dale Jr, B. Keselowski,
              M. Martin RU/Autos/Diecast
              http://s755.photobucket.com/home/3da...tephenHarrell/
              sigpic
              R.I.P. Dale "The Intimidator" Earnhardt 1951-2001

Comment

Originally posted by 3dalesrfan3 View Post
                And I bought a Brad Keselowski 27 Base Card 5th Gear #1/1!
                And it was the "how ya doing buddy" waive card LOL!

I'm telling ya....I love that card....one of the best "non-poses" you will ever see!

Randy
                United States Air Force, Retired
                ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
                balance of life, an individual diagnosed
                with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Yes it is!
                  I love it because.......well.....its a BK card

Originally posted by ranbethscards View Post

I'm telling ya....I love that card....one of the best "non-poses" you will ever see!

Looking for: Dale Sr, Dale Jr, B. Keselowski,
                  M. Martin RU/Autos/Diecast
                  http://s755.photobucket.com/home/3da...tephenHarrell/
                  sigpic
                  R.I.P. Dale "The Intimidator" Earnhardt 1951-2001

Comment

Working...
                  X