Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Wheels Main Event

CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS:

Look for (2) Memorabilia Cards and (1) Autograph Card per box!!

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:

Autographs: 1:20 packs
    - Main Event Marks Autograph Cards
    - Main Event Matchups

Race-Used Memorabilia: 2 Per Hobby Box
    - Upper Cuts
    - Head to Head
    - Toe to Toe
    - Wheel to Wheel

Base Set & Inserts:
    - Base Set (91 Cards)
    - American Muscle (1:6)
    - Tale of the Tape (1:8)
    - Fight Card (1:1)

Here's what we pulled in our box of 2010 Wheels Main Event

Base Cards
    There are 100 cards in the base set this year, broken down into a number of subsets, although #90-100 are short-printed so you can only expect one per box. The regular base Cards are the "Main Event" of the box and contain subsets of cars and drivers. Cards 1-36 are the NSCS Drivers; Cards 37-45 are "Ready to Rumble Cards"; Cards 46-54 are the "Ringside Seats" subset; Cards 55-63 are the "Speedway Superstar" subset; Cards 64-69 are the "Main Event Matchups" subset; 70-75 are the “Prize Fighters” subset; 76-81 is "An Underdog's Story;" 82-91 is "Undercard Clash" and 92-100 are the Short Print Variations. Since there are 100 total cards in the box, set collectors will come up a bit short in trying to collect the total set through one hobby box. We pulled 70 of the 100 for the set

The Variations Cards are simply short printed versions of the regular NSCS Contenders.

Inserts
    Main Event has only a few insert cards but all have a very nice look.

Each pack contains a mini-card and there are 25 total in the set, with the face of each driver.

The American Muscle Inserts fall 1:6 packs and have very cool car shots, with 12 total in the set.

The Tale of the Tape inserts are holofoil with 9 total cards in the set cards in the set and show the key stats for the driver, in the same way that Boxing Matches show the Tale of the Tape before the fight begins. These come in 1:8 packs.

Each box also brings 1:14 History of Nascar Hall of Fame insert, as expected throughout the Press Pass products this year (1 per Hobby Box).
    http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...x/scan0010.jpg

Race Used Cards
    Each box contains 2 race used cards, usually either head-to-head, toe-to-toe or wheel-to wheel. Our box brought 2 great cards. We pulled a Kevin Harvick Pit Stacker numbered 05/10 and a Jimmie Johnson/Jeff Gordon Wheel to Wheel dual Tire card numbered 30/50. There are different levels for each of the memorabilia cards, as well as dual memorabilia feat cards and key driver matchups.

Autograph Cards
    Each box brings one autograph card, and we pulled a brad keselowski auto numbered 64/91. It's a great looking on card autograph which rounded out the box nicely. Other autograph possibilities include Main Event Marks with 4 autograph card levels to collect plus hobby-exclusive Main Event Matchups with dual autos (#d to 10 or less).

Final Thoughts on 2010 Wheels Main Event

This product brought great value this year. The Main Event idea was a good one. The boxes sell for about $67-75 and contain plenty of great possibilities for hits, so there's great value here. All of our hits were great and brought superior value in my opinion, which just make us want to buy more!

Here's how I would rate this product;

•Value = 5
    •Innovation = 5
    •Fun and Experience = 5
    •Rebuy Value = 5

I rate this product an "A+" for Press Pass!

NPN Information;

NPN MAIN EVENT 2010
    9115 Harris Corners Parkway, Suite 200
    Charlotte, NC 28269

It must be postmarked by 12/8/10 and received by 12/15/10

I would like to thank Press Pass along with CardCollectorsWorld for giving me the chance to review this new product

Support the sponsors that support community.cardboardconnection.com
    Last edited by ranbethscards; 09-27-2010, 07:24 AM.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
    I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Tim:

Great review on a great product!

The "Head to Head" items are fantastic! I opened two boxes and was able to put a complete set of minis together for my PC!

Way-to-go Press Pass!

Thank you for sharing this product with the CCW Community!
    Last edited by ranbethscards; 09-27-2010, 07:22 AM.
    Randy
    United States Air Force, Retired
    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

The dual RU is a sick card, and the base cards have a great design as well

Comment

Good review and a cool looking product, Press Pass got it right with the dual RU tires using letters and stripes on the tire instead of plain black pieces. I really like this product.
        ALL Danica Patrick items--vintage Reds/B.Dodgers--vintage (pre-1980) empty wax wrappers/boxes--P.Manning RCs--oddball pre-1970 paper products
        http://s177.photobucket.com/home/dupontis1

Comment

The American Muscle Inserts look very sharp and nice. The wheel to wheel race used card looks sick.

Comment

great review, and nice looking stuff- looks like more Danica base stuff I need to round up!
            Ed

Comment

Great review and sick looking cards! That dual Gordon would have blown me away to pull that!
              TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
              A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Very nice review!
                Last edited by Leafsfan1967; 02-12-2011, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Great box!

Really need that Keselowski auto!!
                  http://mdclapps.webs.com/
                  http://s783.photobucket.com/home/mdclapps/index
                  I will trade or buy for needed Brad Keselowski items.
                  sigpic

Comment

SICK Wheel To Wheel! Solid box!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                    Johnson/Mears/
                    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Great review of this product, the inserts and race used cards are awesome.
                      HOFFMOEN
                      Looking for Auto's & G/u of NY Mets, NY Giants, HOFers, Old time players, 8x10 Photos & Celebrity Auto's
                      http://s514.photobucket.com/albums/t347/Hoffmoen/

http://www.4salebytubers.com/ccw/Store/Hoffmoen

I am currently Supercollecting the following players,

Mike Piazza, Jose Reyes, David Wright
                      Drew Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, Eli Manning, Tiki Barber, Brandon Jacobs, Odell Beckham Jr. New PC item - any card #ed 4/25

Comment

Nice review!! This looks like a sick product!
                        Here is who/what I collect:

Basketball:Carmelo Anthony & Jared Dudley And ANY CURRENT CELTICS!
                        Baseball: Current Yankees. Football: Earl Thomas & Torrey Smith

BUCKET: http://s870.photobucket.com/albums/ab270/stephj32/

Comment

Looks like a pretty nice product!

Thanks Press Pass!

Nice review Tim!

Thanks
                          - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

Very nice looking cards. Tempted to try my luck!
                            I'm easy to trade with.Don't be afraid to make offers.
                            I collect Non-Sport cards,Comics,Toys.Cincinnati Reds and anything related to TV Westerns.

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z263/toylad/

sigpic

Comment

Main Event really created some great cards for this set for sure!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X