2009 Press Pass Fusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Press Pass Fusion

Configuration: 8 packs per box. 5 cards per pack.

Press Pass introduces their 1st Multi-Sport product with Fusion. 2009 Press Pass Fusion features athletes from Baseball, Basketball, Football, Nascar, Poker, Softball, Volleyball, and Wrestling. The 90 card base set showcases a lineup of legendary athletes and rookie prospects from all athletic backgrounds.

CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS:
    - One Autograph & One Autograph or Memorabilia Card In Every Hobby Box!
    - Autographed Cards - Superstar Signatures: Silver and Gold #/d to 199 or less, Emerald #/d to 99 or less, & Onyx #/d to 25 or less. Also available in “Red Ink” and “Nickname” Autograph Versions; Collegiate Connections Autographs: Gold #/d to 100 or less & Onyx #/d to 25 or less; Renowned Rivals Autographs: Gold #/d to 100 or less & Onyx #/d to 25 or less; Classic Champions Autographs: Silver #/d to 199 or less, Gold #/d to 99 or less, Emerald #/d to 50 or less, & Onyx #/d to 25 or less; Timeless Talent Autographs: Silver #/d to 199 or less, Gold #/d to 99 or less, Emerald #/d to 50 or less, & Onyx #/d to 25 or less; Cross Training Autographs: Gold #/d to 100 or less & Onyx #/d to 25 or less.
    - Memorabilia Cards - Revered Relics: Silver #/d to 299 or less, Gold #/d to 50 or less, Holo #/d to 25 or less, & Prime #/d to 10 or less.
    - Insert Cards: Collegiate Connections - 1:10; Renowned Rivals - 1:10; Classic Champions - 1:10; Timeless Talent - 1:10; Cross Training - 1:10
    - Tribute Parallel Cards: Bronze #/d to 150, Silver #/d to 99, Gold #/d to 50, Emerald #/d to 25, & Onyx #/d to 1.
    - 90 Card Base Set

2009 Press Pass Fusion is filled with a variety of great looking photography that have never been seen before such as John Elway as a Stanford baseball player and Brock Lesnar as a Minnesota wrestler. With every new year, Press Pass improves their product and gives collectors something new and innovative.

Here is what I pulled:

Baseball Base Set #1-13

All cards have a glossy finish to it. The card has a silver baseball player logo on the bottom left of the card.

Basketball Base Set #14-36

Classic photos capturing players sporting their college uniforms. The card has a silver basketball player logo on the bottom left of the card.

Football Base Set #37-62

Pigskin greats showcasing some of their spectacular skills. The card has a silver football player logo on the bottom left of the card.

Nascar Base Set #63-76

Very nice photos of some of Nascar's best drivers sporting their racing uniforms. The card has a silver racing car on the bottom left of the card.

Poker Base Set #77-82

These cards showcase some of the best poker players in the world. The card has 2 silver playing cards on the bottom left of the card.

Softball and Volleyball Base Set #83-84

This product offers one Softball and Volleyball base card. The Softball card has a silver baseball player logo on the bottom left of the card.

Wrestling Base Set #85-90

These cards feature some of the best wrestlers turned Mixed Martial Arts legends. The card has a silver wrestler logo on the bottom left of the card.

Inserts -
    Tribute Parallel Cards -

Gus Hansen Bronze Parallel #126/150

Dustin Pedroia Silver Parallel #37/99

Orel Hershiser Emerald Parallel #12/25

These cards depict the base cards with different coloring on the logo, title, and sport logo. All parallel cards are serial numbered.

Classic Champions - 1:10 Packs

These cards highlight players who won championships during their careers.

1 pulled - Doug Williams

Cross Training - 1:10 Packs

These cards feature 2 athletes from different disciplines.

1 pulled - Derrick Rose/Deion Sanders

Timeless Talent - 1:10 Packs

These cards honor players with talent that would have prevailed in any period.

1 pulled - Mark Sanchez

Game Used Card

Joey Dorsey/Derrick Rose Revered Relics #285/299

Very nice dual relic of two rising NBA stars. The card shows both players in their college uniforms with a background that nicely blends in with the theme of the card.

Autographed Card

Matt Williams Superstar Signatures Gold #13/75

Very nice autograph of Matt Williams. The autograph spells every letter of his name. It is nice to see an on card autograph and the guarantee of at least 1 Autograph Per Box.

Final thoughts:

I really like the concept of Fusion. Having a Multi-Sport product featuring nascar, poker, and wrestling with the three major sports is a huge bonus for all collectors. I got 41 cards in this box, so I got a bonus card. It was a duplicate card of Jonathan Stewart.

I like the insert cards and the themes depicting the different alumni and rivalries. I really like the look of the base cards, especially the silver sports logo on the corner of each card. I wished all the cards used color photography on them instead of black and white photos. This product is affordable for collectors of all ages. Plus you are guaranteed two hits per box, with at least one of them being an Autograph Card.

My favorite card is the base card of Randy "The Natural" Couture.

Here is how I would rate this product:

Value = 4
    Innovation = 5
    Fun and Experience = 5
    Rebuy Value = 4

I rate this product an A- for Press Pass!

NPN:

Hand print your complete name and complete address, include your email address, on a 3x5 card and mail in a #10 envelope to:

NPN 2009 Press Pass Fusion Multi-Sport
    9115 Harris Corners Parkway, Suite 200
    Charlotte, NC 28269

Postmarked by February 12, 2010 and received by February 19, 2010. Drawings on or about February 28, 2010.

I would like to thank Kirsten at Press Pass & Card Collectors World for giving me the chance to review this new product.

Support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!

I love the products w/ multi sports. I want to see more of this product in the future
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Nice review Kerwin. Looks interesting. Is there a checklist?
      My complete want list.
      http://sportscardfun.com/trader/dak.asp

Comment

that stuff is not a product u buy to make $$
        My Site
        http://www.freewebs.com/randallcardssite/

Comment

really cool set, combinding all the sports. i like it.
          Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
          sigpic

Comment

Decent box....base set is kinda blah, but other than that, I like the idea.

dakiton: if you go to www.presspassinc.com there's a complete checklist on there.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
            Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
            Johnson/Mears/
            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I like it...I agree with you Kerwin though, I hate the black and white cards but I like the multi sport concept

I will probably try a few packs of the stuff and see how I do
              sigpic

Comment

would love to trade you for that matt williams card? what would you trade for it, what r u looking for?
                Collect any and all cards

Photobucket:

http://s901.photobucket.com/home/jusam55/allalbums

Comment

i have tons of stuff that I have not put into photobucket, tons of auto, game-used, regualar base, rrokies, you name it!!
                  Collect any and all cards

Photobucket:

http://s901.photobucket.com/home/jusam55/allalbums

Comment

I don't believe that card to be available for trade, as this is a Sponsor Product Review. Not a Box Break with cards for trade. My apologies if I'm wrong, but pretty certain this is the case.
                    TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
                    A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

I like the sports cards, but wouldnt buy it because of the other stuff...
                      Click On Awesome Banner To Go To My Site

Comment

To be honest Nick, everything in the product is sports related. Playing cards and softball are indeed considered sports. Kind of odd to most, I know, but it is....
                        TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
                        A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

jusam55 - sorry I cant trade or sell the card. It is a sponsored card from a box break that will be given away to a member who wins a future contest.

Comment

Working...
                          X