Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Press Pass Premium Racing

2011 Press Pass Premium Racing

Press Pass Premium roars back in this season with a slick new design and many hot chase cards.

Set Features:
    • Look to pull (1) Race-Worn Memorabilia and (1) Autographed cards per box (on average)!
    • Hot Threads - Race Used firesuits 1:20
    • Press Pass Premium Signatures - Exclusive autograph sticker program 2010 1:20
    • 90 Card base set featuring all new photography
    • 5 cards per pack, 20 packs per box

Base Tiers
    • Regular Base (#'s 1-36)
    • Machines (#'s 37-48)
    • 500 Club (#'s 49-54)
    • Suited Up (#'s 55-66)
    • Draft Pick (#'s 67-72)
    • Premium Performer (#'s 73-79)
    • Preseason Thunder (#'s 80-85)
    • Studio Insider (#'s 86-90)
    • 10 short-printed base card variations

Inserts
    • Class of 2011 HOF 1:20 packs
    • Crystal Ball 1:10 packs
    • Hot Pursuit (3-d) 1:5 packs

Memorabilia
    • Hot Threads 1:20 packs
    • Premium Pairings (numbered to 25)
    • Hot Threads Premium Pieces (hobby only)

Autograph
    • Premium Signatures 1:20 packs
    • Premium Signatures Red ink (numbered to 25)
    • Premium Pairings Signature Edition (numbered to 5 hobby only)

Our 2011 Press Pass Premium Racing Break:

Base Cards

We pulled 88/90 for the base set. There were also 2 doubles of base cards pulled.

The Base cards have a very sharp design. The shadowed photo of the driver behind the main picture adds to the card's appeal.

The Machine cards feature three different angles of the car with the front angle as the main focus.

The 500 Club cards has a shadowed Daytona track with the driver and the Daytona 500 trophy as the card's feature attraction.

The Suited Up cards feature two snapshots of the driver and uses the color scheme to accent the card in the background. The main focus is on the driver's suit.

The Draft Pick cards feature a rear shot of the car as if you were drifting with the car.

The Premium Performers cards feature a cockpit shot of the driver. The card showcases shots of the driver's game face.

The Preseason Thunder cards highlight the events leading up to the Daytona 500. From the Pole winner to the Dual winners, they are all featured here.

The Studio Insiders cards bring a sneak peak into a driver's photo shoot. It has a film like border which makes the card stand out more.

Inserts

The HOF cards have a throwback style design. They look very classy & elegant.

The Crystal Ball design features the driver holding a crystal ball with a reflection of their car taking a win. Very futuristic looking card.

The Hot Pursuit insert is a very neat addition as they are done with a 3D design.

Memorabilia

The Hot Threads Race Used Firesuit is numbered 2 out of 99. The background is designed to look like fabric and features a shot of the driver on the left side.

Autograph

The Premium Signatures is numbered 95 out of 100 and has a very classic design. The card is very shiny and appealing.

Final Thoughts on 2011 Press Pass Premium Racing

As always, this was a very solid Racing product from Press Pass. I love the look of the cards and am impressed how Press Pass continues to come up with new technology and ideas for the designs. Base cards and inserts are plentiful in this product. The Hot Pursuit insert is one of my favorite with the 3D design. The Premium Signatures have a great look to them. I am looking forward to the next Racing release from Press Pass.

Product Rating
    • Value = 4
    • Innovation = 5
    • Fun and Experience = 4
    • Rebuy Value = 4

I rate this product a "B+" for Press Pass!

I would like to thank Kirsten & Press Pass for giving me the chance to review this new product.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open only to U.S/Canadian (except Quebec) residents. For a chance to obtain any of the insert cards listed above, at the same odds, while supplies last, hand print your name and complete address, including your email address, on a 3 X 5 card and mail in a #10 envelope to: NPN PRESS PASS PREMIUM 2011, 9115 Harris Corners Parkway, Suite 200, Charlotte NC 28269. Only one card per envelope mailed separately postmarked by July 22, 2011 and received by July 29, 2011. No metered mail. Limit 1 request per household for Press Pass Premium 2010. Failure to comply will result in your entry being disqualified. Drawings on or about August 5, 2010. Only persons selected will be notified. Potential Canadian winners will be required to first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question. Include on a 3 X 5 card the answer to the following skill-test question: 50 + (2X4) - 10 = ?

Support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!

Collecting Ken Dilger, Indiana Hoosiers autos, and Indianapolis Colts Rookies
    Colts Rookie Collection: 408 Different Players
    Ken Dilger Collection: 261/445 (58.6%)

Tradelist
    Colts Rookie Collection
    Ken Dilger Collection

Nice review Josh. I like the base card designs. The Machine cards are my favorite. That would be a cool design to see in a future basketball card release. The Studio Insider cards look very nice with the photo film border. Nice autograph too! Very solid looking design!

Comment

Josh:

Great review....great product!

I was able to put a complete base set together with a couple boxes...and with a little help from a buddy, was able to put together the Crystal Ball Insert Set and the 3-D Set.
      Randy
      United States Air Force, Retired
      ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
      balance of life, an individual diagnosed
      with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Very good looking product.. I bet those premium pairings autos are sick!

Comment

Nice review....always liked Premium since it's the first release with all the new schemes/firesuits.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
          Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
          Johnson/Mears/
          Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Nice review.. great product... Love that Logano

Comment

Nice review!

There are some pretty neat lookin' cards in this set!

Thanks
              - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

Very Nice review Josh Well done I really like the Crystal Ball Insert Set and the 3-D Set,Just one thing though Buddy On the
                The Draft Pick cards feature a rear shot of the car as if you were drifting with the car.It should be Drafting Instead My friend thank you.
                Collecting CLEVELAND BROWNS,BRUINS,nascar
                Collecting Cleveland Browns.

Comment

Don't collect this stuff, but these cards are pretty sweet!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                  Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                  Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                  MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                  NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                  NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                  NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                  I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

very nice cards this year!

Great Traders:cardjim,TomR,avsbruins65,Leafsfan1967,ty4o rce,bumpersample,NattyBoo,fatfrank,DoubleD

MY EBAY: http://shop.ebay.com/chefmc/m.html?_...&_trksid=p3686

Comment

very nice review!

Comment

Nice stuff but they need more hits for the price.
                        I am looking for: JJ Watt, Kawhi Leonard, George Springer, Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, Panini Points...
                        http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z260/leedawg62/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/143859720@N05/albums
                        I don't deal outside the US

Comment

Working...
                        X