Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Press Pass Racing

2010 Press Pass Racing

Configuration: 30 packs per box. 6 cards per pack.
    Press Pass 2010 provides a comprehensive look at all of the action from the year in Nascar!

CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS:
    - One Memorabilia card per box!
    - 129 card comprehensive base set
    - Look for Chase Edition Hot Packs in every 20-Box Hobby case consisting of:
    *4 sequentially numbered Top 12 "Final Standing Cards"
    *1 Press Pass Chase Edition Autograph sequentially #'d to 25 or less
    *1 Top 12 "Scratch Off" Instant Win
    - All New Signature Series & Four Wide cards for 2010!
    - Look for Signature Series Tire Edition cards and four unique versions of Four Wide cards!
    - Look for Hobby Exclusive "Hot Packs"

What I pulled:

Base #1-57

Nice picture of each of the drivers. They are pictured in their uniform and not in the car.

MPH #58-69

I like that there are pictures of the drivers themselves and some are of their actual cars in action.

Rookie Recap #70-81

The Rookies of the past 2009 season are featured. It's good to see them pictured at their best accomplishment of the year.

Winning Numbers #82-90

These are not really necessary for the set. I think that the cards of their full car is good enough. No need to take pictures of just their numbers.

Prelude To The Dream #91-99

Headliners #100-108

I like seeing the biggest accomplishments of the season having their own recognition.

Top 12 #109-120

It's good to see the Top 12 get recognition of their accomplishments this past year.

Chase Puzzles #121-129 (1:30)

The puzzle is a great feature that Press Pass has in this set. It makes it fun to try and complete something other than a set.
    Pulled: 1 (Kasey Kahne)

By The Numbers (1:3)

Good to see some die-cut cards, but the design of them isn't outstanding. Looks a little bland.There is a total of 50 drivers to complete this set within the set. There are also 6 other Target/Walmart exclusives for this set.
    Pulled: 10 (Harry Grant, Dale Earnhardt, Carl Edwards, Richard Perry, Bobby Allison, Matt Kenseth, Regan Smith, Reed Sorenson, Glen Wood, Alan Kulwicki)

INSERTS
    Holo Parallel #’d to 100

The glossy base which are low numbered are always fun to see in a set. Adds more to just a regular base set.
    Pulled: 2 (Jeff Gordon, Kasey Kahne)

Unleashed (1:6)

There are 3 different pictures on each of the card. I like there there is a celebration picture and a car picture. It's capturing what each of the drivers are all about.
    Pulled: 5 (Kyle Busch, Brad Keselowski, David Reutimann, Kasey Kahne, Brian Vickers)

Tradin’ Paint (1:12)

The design jumps at me, and they have a great feel to them as well. They are great, but maybe different variations of some drivers would be great.
    Pulled: 3 (Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick, Jimmie Johnson)

Cup Chase Entries (1:28)

If the driver you pulled, places in the Top 12 during the 2010 season. You will be sent a 'Top 12' set at the end of the year. It's sort of a redemption. I like the idea because it gives the racing fans into the sport more. They begin to cheer for the drivers to do well.
    Pulled: 1 (Kurt Busch)

Hall of Fame (1:30)

It's nice to see the Hall Of Fame members being honored with a card of their own.
    Pulled: 1 (Bill France Sr.)

Burning Rubber (Silver - #'d to 250, Gold #'d to 99, PC #'d to 25)
    Tradin’ Paint race-used sheet metal (Silver - #'d to 299, Gold #'d to 99, Holo #'d to 25)

The designs on these cards are amazing. The paint that is part of the design looks real.

Final thoughts:

The base set just reminds me of the past couple of years, nothing jumps out to me. I like that you pull the complete base set. There was one problem that i had. Some of the base cards weren't cut properly. They were cut unevenly and you could see a little bit of the next card in the set. I pulled at least 5 cards that had this problem.

I really like the Insert sets. They have a great design that is very appealing. The holofoils make another challenge for set collectors. It's great to see a Race Used memorabilia card per box. Don't need to increase the odds of pulling more memorabilia cards.

Here's how I would rate this product;

Value = 4
    Innovation = 5
    Fun and Experience = 5
    Rebuy Value = 3

I rate this product an "B+" for Press Pass!

NPN:
    Hand print your complete name, address & email address on a 3X5 card and the answer to 50+(2x4)-10= ?

mail in a #10 envelope to:

NPN Press Pass VIP 2009
    9115 Harris Corners Parkway, Suite 200
    Charlotte, NC 28269

Postmarked by Mar. 1, 2010 and received by Mar. 8, 2010. Drawing on Mar. 22nd.

I would like to thank Kirsten at Press Pass & Card Collectors World for giving me the chance to review this new product.

Support the sponsors that support CCW!
    Last edited by JesRey; 04-18-2010, 03:19 AM.
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

wow this looks like a cool set, i liked those mph cards.
    Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
    sigpic

Comment

Solid box! Considering this is Press Pass' 'lowest end' set of the season, I've always been a big fan of this first release. It's a nice cheaper set to start off with, you almost always hit a full base set in the box, they have some nice inserts as well, and the Cup Chase program is one of my favorites out of all of the releases.

Lastly, the Tradin' Paint Alternate Paint Scheme RU is one of the best ideas PP has come up with in a long time. Solid box, and great job, as always, Press Pass!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Nice review Jesse. I really like the look of the Unleashed and Prelude To The Dream cards. The Cup Chase Entries are a nice concept to get fans to want to watch the event to see if they won.

Comment

good review Jesse- the cup chasers and trading paint are my favorite looking inserts out of the whole set- thanks Press Pass for letting us review the box!
          Ed

Comment

That RU design is just sick! Good review Jesse and thanks press pass!
            Last edited by gladdyontherise; 12-17-2009, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Excellent review!!!
              TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
              A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Awesome review Jesse! Press Pass is always a winner with their releases.

Dan

Comment

nice review
                  My Site
                  http://www.freewebs.com/randallcardssite/

Comment

Thanks very much to Press Pass for providing the CCW site with their products for us to review, and to Jesse for providing us with a great writeup.
                    Last edited by Leafsfan1967; 02-12-2011, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X