2013 Bowman Platinum Yasiel Puig Auto Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Bowman Platinum Yasiel Puig Auto Redemption

Well, I pulled one last year from a retail blaster and redeemed it, then to start 2014, yesterday I pulled another from a retail blaster. So, with one redeemed, I'm selling this one. Here's the listing, good luck and thanks: 2013 Bowman Platinum Prospect Limited Edition Orange Parallel Auto Yasiel Puig | eBay
    My Bucket: http://s1284.beta.photobucket.com/us...ghost/library/

I collect: TRAE ARBET, Austin Meadows, Gregory Polanco

You lucky SOB!!!!

Currently looking for:
    Football: The Gronk!
    Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
    Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
    + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
    Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
    http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

Todd, that's an understatement, lol. We'll see how my Sterling box goes, should be here soon. I still want to know the odds on pulling two of those Puig autos from retail blasters from the same store, lol.

Comment

Congratulations on your pull(s). I also pulled & redeemed one just before Christmas except mine came out of a hobby box. Any idea how many are out there?

Comment

Yep...that's unheard of from a blaster, and from the same store!!.....crazy!! Congrats!
          Currently looking for:
          Football: The Gronk!
          Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
          Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
          + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
          Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
          http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

Originally posted by ctau00 View Post
            Congratulations on your pull(s). I also pulled & redeemed one just before Christmas except mine came out of a hobby box. Any idea how many are out there?
            I wish I knew. There's no stated print run on Beckett OPG. I know people were ripping cases of Platinum looking for Puig Autos as this product offers his first Auto in a Dodger Uniform, and I haven't seen a whole lot of them on eBay, there are currently four listed i believe and five I can see that have sold (from $250-$400) so far. I redeemed my first one a few months back, still shows as pending, so I guess we won't really know until the redemptions start being fulfilled as I'd imagine most of the collectors that have pulled one went ahead and redeemed it. I'm hoping for a serial number personally, and kinda curious if this card is going to have a chrome finish and most importantly wondering if this is going to be a sticker or hard signed. Time will tell I suppose. Congrats on your pull, the card books at $500!

Comment

Guilty

[QUOTE=revghost;373156]I wish I knew. I know people were ripping cases of Platinum looking for Puig Autos as this product offers his first Auto in a Dodger Uniform...

(5) 12-box cases, (1+) retail rack for the purple refractor set and lord knows how many blasters just because - but wouldn't be so lucky as to pull a redemption from retail. In fact mine came out of the last box of my fifth case and was the second of the three autos. Got my share of decent pulls, a whole ton of redemptions, but nothing really WOW!!! Wil Myers printing plate I guess, pulled two of the Darvish CES autos numbered to 5- 1 in each of my last two cases. I take it the cards will resemble the ones handed out at the National, exception being auto'ed? Yes it would be nice if they're numbered, even nicer if they're really low like say double digits <25, or would that be wishful thinking? Likewise mine is pending as well, funny thing is I had redemptions for some players where the exact same live signatures came out of the packs. Sometimes I wonder about Topps but I still love this product. Saw a review on 2014 and it doesn't quite capture my amusement.

Comment

[QUOTE=ctau00;373272]
                Originally posted by revghost View Post
                I wish I knew. I know people were ripping cases of Platinum looking for Puig Autos as this product offers his first Auto in a Dodger Uniform...

(5) 12-box cases, (1+) retail rack for the purple refractor set and lord knows how many blasters just because - but wouldn't be so lucky as to pull a redemption from retail. In fact mine came out of the last box of my fifth case and was the second of the three autos. Got my share of decent pulls, a whole ton of redemptions, but nothing really WOW!!! Wil Myers printing plate I guess, pulled two of the Darvish CES autos numbered to 5- 1 in each of my last two cases. I take it the cards will resemble the ones handed out at the National, exception being auto'ed? Yes it would be nice if they're numbered, even nicer if they're really low like say double digits <25, or would that be wishful thinking? Likewise mine is pending as well, funny thing is I had redemptions for some players where the exact same live signatures came out of the packs. Sometimes I wonder about Topps but I still love this product. Saw a review on 2014 and it doesn't quite capture my amusement.
                I think you were one of the lucky ones still, I heard some real horror stories, lol. I think they will resemble the cards from the Nat, those were numbered to 125 I think? I'd imagine the print run will be pretty low given just how few I have seen on the secondary market. This year made me a Bowman Believer, as all of my big pulls thus far have been from Bowman products, outside of the Mattingly SSP from Topps Update and the Trout Blue Sapphire /25 from update. Oh, and the Bundy Silver Slate /10 was big for me, it sold for 300, lol. I'm looking forward to buying a couple more boxes of Sterling this week and passing on Five Star. Triple Threads was pretty 'meh' for me this year, I pulled a decent Bob Gibson Auto Relic /18, but no big timers like I had last year. Pulled a Trout Auto and a Darvish Auto Redemption last year, but I also broke 3, maybe 4 boxes as opposed to the 2 I did this year. Let me know when they mark your Puig as 'shipped', I check mine everyday, lol. That Myers Plate was a decent pull, man, my best pull of the 2 hobby boxes of Platinum I bought was an Avisail Garcia Red Jumbo Relic Auto 1/25. Had a sick swatch, 4 colors from the lettering.

Comment

Yikes, I'd hate to think I was lucky... 60 hobby boxes plus others, yeah I got my share of cools stuff but there were more than a few unremarkable boxes strewn about in each of the cases. Like I said, nothing with a real wow factor at least nothing like I see listed on ebay on Blowout's order page. Then again, I guess people want what they don't got and that would apply to me as well and I should be thankful for the cards I do have because I have had some rather desirable pulls. I think we're on the right track about the Puig redemptions being same/similar to the National giveaways since the early information lists it as an orange parallel - I hope it's not some cheesy orange foil but whatever it turns out to be I sure as hell hope it isn't on a sticker, that would be a real kick in the nuts. Congratulations on the other Bowman pulls, I've been thinking about doing some Sterling now that I've all but completed my Platinum master set - I'm still missing the Stanton & Trout Cutting Edge Stars. Just two stinkin' cards... I'm hellbound on finishing the hand collated set and it really wouldn't disappoint me to bust more, but I dread sorting and putting away all the leftover stuff and can you believe I could only put together 10 base sets? Jeter and a few other veterans just didn't seem to appear as frequently as the others.

Comment

Yeah, I'm hoping that due to the prospect autos being hard signed that the Puig is as well. I'm with you, hope it isn't orange foil, because if it's orange foil, we're probably looking at a sticker auto. And yes, I feel like a sticker auto at this point would be a kick in the pants. I'm not surprised you weren't able to put together more sets, the vets are tricky due to all the parallels, and the prospects weren't collated very well, for all that I broke, I thought I'd at least have one complete prospect set, lol. I'm pretty close on the chrome prospects though, oddly enough. The die cuts, well, let's just say I have four Zuninos and while I collect Zunino, a couple of the others would have been nice to pull, as opposed to the Rendons, Zuninos, and other fellas I have multiples of. I think I'm close on the Top Prospect set though, I might try to put that together, idk. I liked the Sterling design last year, I feel like it's simpler and has a clean look. This year's looks good too, minus the Rookie Sticker autos. C'mon, man, all those hard signed prospects and none of the Rookies on card? Kinda weak.

Comment

Prospects I've got plenty of, maybe 20-25 of each at least, same with the chrome & Top Prospects albeit not in those quantities. I put together the regular & purple refractor sets; xfractors are another story, the majority of them are miscut, think I should send them back to Topps for replacements? If you need help completing your sets, email me a list and a ship to address.

Comment

Lol, ah the miscuts. Platinum is full of miscuts, the xfractors are the worst of the group every year. Not sure why, but looking at what I have from the last two years alone, pretty horrid. Will do, thanks!

Comment

Found this, looks like Topps has a Tumblr that gives updates when they have athletes sign and which products they sign for redemptions! Here's the link: Topps Redemptions Update

Comment

Awesome, thanks!!! Nice to know none of the redemptions I'm waiting on are included on the list but some have signed stickers for random products. I guess we best prepare and reach down & grab hold of the ankles...

Comment

Lol, I'm still hoping for an on card chrome finish.

Comment

Working...
                              X