Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drafts

Guys,
    I am about to wrap up the three drafts that I have participated in (Multi-sport game used, Vintage, and TTM). I feel like a kid in a candy store. I have really enjoyed doing these drafts. I am certainly up for any other types of drafts. If you have never participated in a draft, I encourage you to do it.
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Awesome Brett! Couldn't have said it better not only do you get a chance to interact with some cool people, you can either upgrade your PC or get some decent trade bait
    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

I agree with you both! In the TTM draft I sent in my doubles and drafted 10 that I didnt have yet. A huge score!!
      I collect a little bit of everything. But, if I never get back to you, your probably on Ignore!!

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f111/prosefan1/

Jim Thome Have List: http://dave44671.tripod.com/

Save the Ta-Tas

Comment

Alright - I have had 3 drafts going on. I will go through withdrawl here soon! What other drafts are people wanting to do? I will put some thought into it......
        Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
        Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
        Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

What are you talking about as far as drafts?

Comment

Originally posted by OneCrazyCard View Post
            What are you talking about as far as drafts?
            There are many different card drafts we do. For example, everyone sends in 10 game used cards. If there are 10 people participating, there are 100 cards. You run a snake style draft (like many fantasy sports drafts). You get 10 new cards. One person organizes it and charges like $3 for shipping. It is a great way to swap out some of your doubles or players you have for players you collect/favorite team.

I have participated in: game used drafts, autographed cards drafts, vintage cards drafts, and TTM/IP (through the mail or in person) autographed cards.

They rock!

Comment

How about a "BASEBALL TEAM DRAFT" ? Just an idea. Here's how it would work ---

1) The "draft" could have up to ten (10) participants
              2) Every participant will send in a "team" of cards - one for each fielding position and dh.
              3) The outfielder cards just have to be outfielders, not specifically lf,cf,and rf.
              4) The minimum "value" of the cards individually, and of the "lot" of the ten (10) cards needs to be determined by those hosting and/or participating in the "draft".

5) Also, not only the "value" but the type of cards(gu,auto, "vintage",etc) in the draft needs to be determined.
              6) If there are eight or less participants each will have the opportunity, if they choose to take it, of being the first to "draft" from a particular position (1B,2B,3B,SS,C,OF,P,DH).
              7) How the selection order will be among the participants needs to be determined. However, as stated before, ALL(if 8 or less) will have the opportunity to pick first from a position.

Just a thought. I've never been in such a "draft". This is just something that came to mind.
              Have a good day.

Merry Christmas !!!

The main items Im looking to trade for are
              Baseball HOFers Autos I need
              Orioles Autos I need
              Baseball HOFers GU I need
              Orioles GU I need
              Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
              However other offers will be considered

Comment

Originally posted by OriolesFan View Post
                How about a "BASEBALL TEAM DRAFT" ? Just an idea. Here's how it would work ---

1) The "draft" could have up to ten (10) participants
                2) Every participant will send in a "team" of cards - one for each fielding position and dh.
                3) The outfielder cards just have to be outfielders, not specifically lf,cf,and rf.
                4) The minimum "value" of the cards individually, and of the "lot" of the ten (10) cards needs to be determined by those hosting and/or participating in the "draft".

5) Also, not only the "value" but the type of cards(gu,auto, "vintage",etc) in the draft needs to be determined.
                6) If there are eight or less participants each will have the opportunity, if they choose to take it, of being the first to "draft" from a particular position (1B,2B,3B,SS,C,OF,P,DH).
                7) How the selection order will be among the participants needs to be determined. However, as stated before, ALL(if 8 or less) will have the opportunity to pick first from a position.

Just a thought. I've never been in such a "draft". This is just something that came to mind.
                Have a good day.

Merry Christmas !!!
                I like it - at first I thought you meant you had to choose a team (like the Phillies or Braves) but you mean just putting 10 cards each of a different position to create your own "team". That would be fun. It would kind of be more like a fantasy draft. I'd be in for it. It would be neat that you could put in some autographed, game used, and vintage cards in the mix. For me, it would be the best of all worlds!

My suggestion would be to put 2 pitchers in (starting and reliever) as opposed to a DH.

Comment

Here is a little bit different idea I have been thinking about.

http://community.cardboardconnection...ind-thing.html

Post there to let me know if there is interest.

Thanks.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                  Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                  Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                  MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                  NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                  NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                  NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                  I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Back ttt to see if there are any other ideas, or enough interest to do one of those "DRAFT" that have already been posted.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
                    Baseball HOFers Autos I need
                    Orioles Autos I need
                    Baseball HOFers GU I need
                    Orioles GU I need
                    Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
                    However other offers will be considered

Comment

Working...
                    X