This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankee Swap kind of thing?

I was thinking about a Yankee swap type of thing. This is all up for debate, but I am just throwing this out there to see if there is interest in something like this.

Idea 1 :
    People post what MLB team they want (on this I know a lot that would be chosen). We could either do 10 or 15 participants, since there are 30 teams. The remaining teams will either be randomed off or chosen by draft or not used at all. When teams are decided, each person in the draft has to send in let's say 15 cards. At least 5 of the 15 have to be GU or Auto. At least 10 of the 15 have to be GU, Auto or insert. The rest need to be vintage older than 1980 and from teams that are still in the majors. So, no teams like the Senators. All of the 15 cards that people send in must be from a different team. So, a person can not send in 2 cards from any on team. All the cards sent in by a given person must be from different teams than they own in the swap. Lists must be sent out with type of card, player and team. Cards are then sent to the organizer. At that point, the cards come in and will get split out by teams and sent back to the owners of those teams. This is not a typical draft, but instead it is a fun way to do some trading without knowing what you are getting. Drawback to all of this, is that you might not get a ton of the team you actually wanted, but just something I am throwing around.

Idea 2 :
    Every selects their favorite team. We get as many entries as possible. When entries are closed (can be any number of teams and we just set a deadlilne to enter). When the deadline is met, each person sends in a single card from each of the teams selected with the exception of the team they selected. So, it there were 10 entries, then each person would send in 9 cards (or we could do 2 cards from each team, we can figure that out). Similar limits to above to make sure there are GU and Autos from each team. When all the cards are sent in, each person would get a package of the cards that are from the team they selected. Drawback to this one is that one team may get less GU and Autos than another team.

Here are the teams that would be up for grabs :
    Angels -
    As -
    Astros -
    Blue Jays -
    Braves -
    Brewers -
    Cardinals -
    Cubs -
    Diamondbacks -
    Dodgers -
    Giants -
    Indians -
    Mariners -
    Marlins -
    Mets -
    Nationals -
    Orioles -
    Padres -
    Phillies - ucffans
    Pirates -
    Rangers -
    Rays -
    Red Sox - schwood
    Reds -
    Rockies -
    Royals -
    Tigers -
    Twins -
    White Sox -
    Yankees -

Post here to let me know if you are interested of if you have ideas to change up the rules at all. Also, if interested, what team might you want? Let's see if we can get interest in this.
    Last edited by schwood; 12-11-2012, 12:34 PM.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
    Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
    Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
    MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
    NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
    NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
    NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
    I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

I certainly like the idea. One concern would be for newer teams like: Marlins, D'backs, Rays. Teams like the Nationals could include the Expos. It would probably be best to pair a newer team up with a traditional team that has been around since they wouldn't have any vintage cards.
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Also, these rules are not set in stone.

Was thinking...

If you get a newer team, maybe no vintage, just GU/Autos and Inserts maybe. I don't know. And maybe everyone selects a team, and then we just send cards from those teams in? I don't know, just tossing ideas out there.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
      MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
      NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
      NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
      I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

I personally like the Idea 2, and I would want to put in a couple cards from each team.

Comment

I like idea 2 as well. However, my personal problem will come in when you pick the Red Sox and Whitney picks the Indians. I have sent you guys almost all the game used and autos I have of them!
          Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
          Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
          Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Originally posted by ucffans View Post
            I like idea 2 as well. However, my personal problem will come in when you pick the Red Sox and Whitney picks the Indians. I have sent you guys almost all the game used and autos I have of them!
            Then what you do is send an insert for those two teams instead. Again, this is not all GU/Autos. The terms have not been set, and we can figure it out when we see if there is enough interest!

Comment

UCFFans do you have the Bryce Harper 2011 Bowman Chrome Futures #1 Die Cut?

Comment

Originally posted by OneCrazyCard View Post
                UCFFans do you have the Bryce Harper 2011 Bowman Chrome Futures #1 Die Cut?
                No - I don't believe I do. I have a few of his chrome cards but it is not the futures #1 die cut.

Comment

UCFFans are you interested? PM if you are?

Comment

I am interested. My big problem that I do not have any autos and game used. I have a few inserts, stars, and common cards.

Comment

Originally posted by ucffans View Post
                      Which team would you think you would want bud?

Remember, for myself and Whitney, those could just be an insert or vintage card for those two teams.

Comment

Woody - don't worry, I would make it work. Personally, the teams I would choose (in order of preference) would be Phillies, Nationals, Twins, Cubs, Rays.

Comment

I will put you in for Phillies just so I want to try to get a running tally on here for it. Just to see what we can get for interest.

Comment

Sounds good to me! I'm a Nats fan b/c I watch them at spring training. I am a Phils fan first!

Comment

Sorry guys, but this is going onto the back burner as of now. Will maybe revisit in the new year. Not sure yet. Not a ton of interest honestly. Gonna shut this down.

Comment

Working...
                              X