Set Building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set Building

Hey guys, I love collecting but I have never tried to build a set. I figured why not. I was going to wait a while until one of the 2013 sets peaked my interest. Anyways, I was wondering if any set builders had some tips for me.

All help is welcome and much appreciated.

Thanks Brandon.

2013 Topps Baseball Series 1 seems to be a hot product right now. It was just recently released.

Comment

are you interested in buying a complete series 1 set? plmk Jerry
      My bucket: http://s391.photobucket.com/albums/oo359/Jerryjtj

New Wix Site:
      http://joyfamily1.wixsite.com/sportscards

Looking for Cardinal autos I don't have and some dupes of players I already have!
      Also cards not listed of the players on my Primary Wants list on my Wixsite.
      Also looking for current Blues autos!

Comment

No, I'm not interested in Series 1 at all to be honest. I was just more curious as to how to go about building a set. I think I am going to wait until March to see what Topps is releasing.

Comment

The longer you wait, the more expensive the cards get. Topps is released first and is the cheapest to build. Heritage is more expensive, it just continues to climb thru the premium releases. It's true that Premium sets are usually smaller in card count, but the cost make it expensive to build. You also have to factor in popularity and how well players are doing. For example; if Joe Homer , a rookie is off to a hot start, that may drive the price of later releases up. Its a risk.

As far as how to build a set, I like to buy a few boxes, see what I'm missing, then trade for what I need. There's a thread in the Baseball Marketplace dedicated to set builders.

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
            2013 Topps Baseball Series 1 seems to be a hot product right now. It was just recently released.
            I think the 2013 Topps is the best looking Topps set in a long time.

Comment

Working...
            X