Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could I Get A Little Advice Please!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could I Get A Little Advice Please!!!!!!!!!

about a week ago a guy I trade with in San Diego offered me this card and today it arrived by Fed Ex.
    It's a 04 Playoff Tools Of The Trade Babe Ruth 1/1 and has no book value or neither a listing as such.
    I have scanned craiglist;s and also ebay for anything that even resembles it and have found no shown for either 1/2 or 1/3 or anything even coming close.
    It has 17 pieces of white jersey with 5 blue pin stripes and also has 5 bats pieces.
    And it spells out NUMBER 3 his jersey number.
    Now my question when I post it to the free bay should I just start it at .99 cents with a reserve or just post it to sell it as is.
    Any suggestions or comments greatly appreciated.
    Terry
    Old Bear

Terry, I checked on Beckett and didn't see any 2004 Tools of the Trade for Babe Ruth. I did find some in 2005.
    2005 Absolute Memorabilia Tools of the Trade Swatch Quad #102 Babe Ruth B-J-J-P/20 This one has a book value of $1200.

I would set a reserve on it just in case.
    --Jeff

Comment

That is one of the things that confused me as well as ihave a ton of 05 TOTT and when I looked on the card and it says 04.
      Could this be a test card for the 05 product I wonder.
      I traded it in for 2300 so I properly way over did it but I really don't care and I am going to start it .99 cents with a reserve and see what it does bud.
      And thk u for the comments much appreciated.
      Terry
      Old Bear

Comment

Id like a link to auction. Please.
        I collect a little bit of everything. But, if I never get back to you, your probably on Ignore!!

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f111/prosefan1/

Jim Thome Have List: http://dave44671.tripod.com/

Save the Ta-Tas

Comment

Dave
          U have bear traffic my friend.
          terry
          Old Bear

Comment

Terry,I would love to see the card as well bud.

Comment

Steve the card is now in the hands of a local card dealer.
              He saw it and pulled out the old check book and paid right on the spot bud.
              I had put it on a private auction and had 16 watchers but until Teddy saw it today as he was talking to Mike yesterday he wanted a nice card for display for his shop.
              In this economy I felt I would be sitting on it for a while.
              But the Wife is retiring in August of 2014 and she said we got to move all the collection and I have been putting stuff on free bay to move it and we are selling the entire collection by then anyways so look for some more goodies as well in the near future.
              Terry
              Old Bear

Closed Thread
              Last edited by Northernbear; 12-05-2013, 05:49 PM. Reason: Closing this thread

Comment

Good for you bud,happy you made bank on it.I just wanted to see what it looked like.Shoot me your auction name so I can watch your items when you post em.

-Steve

Originally posted by Northernbear View Post
                Steve the card is now in the hands of a local card dealer.
                He saw it and pulled out the old check book and paid right on the spot bud.
                I had put it on a private auction and had 16 watchers but until Teddy saw it today as he was talking to Mike yesterday he wanted a nice card for display for his shop.
                In this economy I felt I would be sitting on it for a while.
                But the Wife is retiring in August of 2014 and she said we got to move all the collection and I have been putting stuff on free bay to move it and we are selling the entire collection by then anyways so look for some more goodies as well in the near future.
                Terry
                Old Bear

Closed Thread

Comment

Steve
                  I will as Dave Crum just asked me about the Ruth as well and I am going to be putting on about 800 Game used and HOFERS by the beginning of January.
                  The Wifey is retiring and with us selling the house and downsizing I am not going to be carrying a truck full of Memophilia around with us.
                  We decided last night to start moving it and getting the house ready to sell.
                  We have offers so I don't expect to have to worry about it and I have everything up to date maintenance wise.
                  The major thing left to do is rebuild the deck and I have bought a new deck kit and it's in my 24/20 shelter I just put up this past year and the house is completely redone and the 2 door garage is completely rebuilt as well and my house is done in cedar siding and barnboard texture siding as well.
                  Terry
                  Old Bear

Comment

Working...
                  X