Time for a draft (Baseball)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for a draft (Baseball)

I know it is summer and some people might be traveling, but nothing says summer like a BASEBALL Draft!

Rules:

10 cards per entry
    This is a baseball only draft
    Cards must be Certified autos from the major brands
    GU need to be major brands
    Shipping is $3

If you are interested, let me know! I will post pictures of all the cards below.

================================================== ============================

Tallys I think we have for different types of possible drafts :

Baseball GU/Auto Draft (3)
    ucffans
    OriolesFan
    Negron-23

Baseball Inserts Draft (3)
    ucffans
    schwood
    Negron-23

Mixed Sport GU/Auto Draft (4)
    ucffans
    schwood
    Negron-23
    leiber88

Mixed Sport Inserts Draft (4)
    ucffans
    schwood
    Negron-23
    leiber88

Vintage Baseball Draft (1)
    schwood

Vintage Mixed Sport Draft(1)
    schwood

IP/TTM Auto Draft (1)
    ucffans
    Last edited by schwood; 09-30-2015, 02:16 PM.
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

If you get enough, and it's baseball only (I don't have football gu & auto's, and don't want any), I'll do a baseball draft. Have a good night.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
    Baseball HOFers Autos I need
    Orioles Autos I need
    Baseball HOFers GU I need
    Orioles GU I need
    Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
    However other offers will be considered

Comment

Save space for pictures
      Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
      Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
      Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Bump it up

Comment

It's been a month, and no one else has indicated an interest. What has happened to those who used to be interested and/or participated in "drafts" ? Many participated in a variety of drafts (I only did some baseball drafts). Where, oh where, are those participants ?????

Orioles Autos I need
          Orioles GU I need

Comment

Yes - I put it on the back burner due to summer. Hopefully in the fall we can roll out another one.

Comment

I'm usually up for one but I don't have enough extras that I want to get rid of. You oldtimers (to the site), what other types of drafts have you done before? Just curious.
              20ish years out of the hobby, I ran across my Jackie Robinson Rookie, now I'm back.

Interested in Patrick Corbin and Charlie Keller and 1887 Allen & Ginter.

1887 Allen & Ginter 16 of 50 and counting.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJamesDaddy View Post
                I'm usually up for one but I don't have enough extras that I want to get rid of. You oldtimers (to the site), what other types of drafts have you done before? Just curious.
                I have participated and ran a couple of drafts:

Most common - Multi-sport GU/Auto
                In person/Through the Mail autographs
                Vintage Cards
                Inserts and Parallels

I think that is about it. I have liked all of them. The inserts and parallels was neat, it just took a lot of time to organize.

Comment

We've also had a "team" draft for baseball, where we sent in a gu and/or auto for each position + one for dh. We'd send in a "team" and had to leave with a "team". Also, we've just done a baseball gu and/or auto draft.

Orioles Autos I need
                  Orioles GU I need

Comment

I don't have enough baseball to get in on a draft. Could probably do a mixed one. Probably do vintage as well. What years would we want to see in there for the vintage? And an inserts parallel draft might be kind of nice. It might be kind of fun to do more than 10 for an insert type draft maybe? I don't know. I will see what I have and see if I have enough for any types of draft.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                    Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                    Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                    MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                    NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                    NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                    NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                    I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

I'd prolly be up for a fun draft of some sort.
                      20ish years out of the hobby, I ran across my Jackie Robinson Rookie, now I'm back.

Interested in Patrick Corbin and Charlie Keller and 1887 Allen & Ginter.

1887 Allen & Ginter 16 of 50 and counting.

Comment

I might get in on this to get things moving, I'll keep an eye out when we get closer to filling it.
                        Currently looking for:
                        Football: The Gronk!
                        Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
                        Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
                        + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
                        Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
                        http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

So, I could do a mixed draft, but I don't have enough for a baseball only draft. When I say that I am talking GU/Autos.

I could also do an insert draft of either football or baseball. Or a mixed one. I have a ton of inserts I could put together for one of those. If we do one of those, maybe we have like 25 cards per entry to make the shipping worthwhile? Just a thought.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                          Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                          Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                          MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                          NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                          NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                          NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                          I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

I'd be down for a baseball or mixed auto/GU draft.
                            Would also be interested in an insert draft. Baseball or mixed.
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/victornegron/albums

Comment

I'll sign up for another multi-sport draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X