No announcement yet.

2013 Topps Base Rookies--No Printing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Topps Base Rookies--No Printing??

My boys opened up some Topps packs from their grandparents last night. They each got 2 rookie cards that have no Topps logo or name on the bottom on the front of the card. I'm guessing the machine messed up and "forgot" to put the silver printing on this batch.

My question, are these worth more than regular cards? I know they are not considering short prints, but would someone pay more for these because they are "special"? I know things like this were big back in the 80's and 90's and considered rare, but is that still the case?

2 of them weren't anything special, but my one son got Cordarelle Patterson and Robert Woods as his 2 oddballs.
    I collect mostly Packers & Texans; Rodgers, Lacy, Boykin, Cobb, Woodson, Montee Ball, JJ Watt, DJ Swearinger, Clowney

10 year old collects Seahawks, Wilson, Sherman, Michael, Lacy, JJ Watt, Crown Royale jersey and autos

6 year old collects Packers, Panthers, Rodgers, Lacy, Cam Newton, Kelvin Benjamin and Tre Mason is new PC

http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/ab...?sort=3&page=1

Just gonna give my 2 cents worth - Back in the Day error cards were worth more because the companies made an effort to correct the error - like the Billy Ripken bat knob obscenity and it's correction -
    Error cards today may or may not be worth more - just as some collectors consider a ballpark autograph on a card to be "damage" - some may chalk up an error the same way.

That being said there are those that may consider an error card an oddball or unique addition to a single player collection (I would consider myself in this category since I have several in my collection - I also have cards where the action shot on the card features not only the subject of the card but another player I collect as well! (I have called these "2nd look cards" - the specific one that comes to mind is a 97 Fleer Ultra card of Tony Paige - a Va Tech Alum - the action shot is of him being tackled by Bruce Smith a former Hokie as well. Valuable? nah it's a common - Cool? Absolutely!

Pardon the rambling but I hope this helps a bit
    Last edited by 87hokie; 04-28-2014, 07:59 PM. Reason: typo
    -Le - ledizaster@gmail.com
    sigpic
    I collect Former Va Tech Players in all sports.

Football - Antone Exum, Kyle Fuller, Corey Fuller, Logan Thomas, Bruce Smith, Michael Vick, David Wilson, Antonio Freeman, Victor Harris, Brandon Flowers, Eddie Royal etc

Baseball - Mike Williams, Franklin Stubbs, Jesse Hahn, Joe Saunders, Brad Clontz, Kevin Barker, Wyatt Toregas - Major or Minor Leaguers!

http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/87hokie/library/

Comment

Working...
    X