2 of my favorite TTMers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 of my favorite TTMers

Unfortunately, two of my favorite TTMers have passed away in the past year. Kevin Hickey and Tommy Dunbar. Add on top of that Pat Neshek lost his newborn son recently and it is quite the bummer.

The thing about TTM is that it is not always the star players but the ones who would write you notes. Tommy Dunbar lived about a half hour from me and had written to me that he would love to meet my sons and sign some stuff for them in person. Then, unforunately, he had surgery and died of complications.

On a positive note, a couple of my other favorites (still alive!) include Larry Bowa, Ricky Jordan, Wes Chamberlain, and Billy Sample. Anyone else have favorites?

Of course I could always include the obvious great ones Bobby Doerr, Virgil Trucks, and Jim Greengrass.
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Carl Erskine,Bobby Shantz,Claude Osteen are 3 that come to mind.I also sent to Taylor Phillips,a Phillies pitcher from the late '50's-early'60's,that wrote a nice letter and asked me questions and asked if I would write back to him.

Comment

ucffans,if u write to Chamberlain in the future,ask him for me if he misses the time he spent in Winnipeg for the Goldeyes

Comment

Originally posted by chris_brown View Post
        ucffans,if u write to Chamberlain in the future,ask him for me if he misses the time he spent in Winnipeg for the Goldeyes
        Any more to that story that I am missing? I was in high school in the early 90's. I loved Ricky Jordan and Wes Chamberlain (even though they never lived up to the hype).
        Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
        Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
        Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Originally posted by ucffans View Post
          Any more to that story that I am missing? I was in high school in the early 90's. I loved Ricky Jordan and Wes Chamberlain (even though they never lived up to the hype).
          he didnt do that badly playing for Hal Lanier and Rick Forney here in Winnipeg,hell,he probably put up some of the best numbers of his professional career up here,before he left a few years ago

Comment

Originally posted by ucffans View Post
            Unfortunately, two of my favorite TTMers have passed away in the past year. Kevin Hickey and Tommy Dunbar. Add on top of that Pat Neshek lost his newborn son recently and it is quite the bummer.

The thing about TTM is that it is not always the star players but the ones who would write you notes. Tommy Dunbar lived about a half hour from me and had written to me that he would love to meet my sons and sign some stuff for them in person. Then, unforunately, he had surgery and died of complications.

On a positive note, a couple of my other favorites (still alive!) include Larry Bowa, Ricky Jordan, Wes Chamberlain, and Billy Sample. Anyone else have favorites?

Of course I could always include the obvious great ones Bobby Doerr, Virgil Trucks, and Jim Greengrass.
            any chance you have any extra Chamberlain?
            U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
            http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
            Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
            Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

I know I have extras, but let me check if they are personallized. He personalizes most of them. If I have one that isn't personalized, I can send it your way.

Comment

Thanks man I would greatly appreciate it!
                U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
                http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
                Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
                Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Working...
                X