Another good TTM'er has passed on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another good TTM'er has passed on

I am a few months behind on this one, but RIP to Virgil "Fire" Trucks. He is best known for throwing 2 no-hitters in one season. Oddly enough, he was 5-19 that season, but 2 wins were of the no hit variety. He was 95. I feel fortunate to have gotten a few signed cards from him as well as little notes he wrote on sticky's What a good man!
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

May you RIP

Comment

Jim Fregosi has passed away as well. He was always a great signer through the mail as well. As a kid, I always thought he looked grumpy, but he was always willing to sign.
      Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
      Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
      Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

You can add Don Zimmer to the list of TTM signers who has passed away. It should be noted that many feel that any autos from him in the past 2-3 years were signed by his wife as his health deteriorated, but I do not know for certain.

Comment

Working...
        X