How to get a chrome card signed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get a chrome card signed?

I saw a couple people that have Chrome cards signed, and I think to myself "How??" I've been told to prep Chrome cards by rubbing them down with a big eraser to amke them more rough. Is it that simple?
    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Baby powder usually does the trick and won't mess up the front the way an eraser most likely would.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

eraser and rub it alot then when finished rubbing it whipe it on your pant leg or something. this is what i always do.
      Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
      sigpic

Comment

I use an eraser...for chrome cards, I rub the eraser for like 10 seconds everywhere on the card. Don't squeeze the card with your other hand when you erase it...so you have to do it softly. after your done, softly wipe the bits of eraser off the card...don't do this with a finger though because it will leave a finger print.

Thanks-
        SC
        sigpic

Comment

I prefer baby powder, but you can use an eraser too
          I like 08 topps and get IP autographs.

Comment

baby powder... now I heard everything lol!

So what's the process, do you put all your chromes in a tub, pour some baby powder, and shake em all up?

Comment

Prepped my first chrome cards and am about to send them out, thanks for the advice everyone!

Can you do the same things for cards that have high gloss, like all the Prestige cards? I'd figure that prepping would rip through the gloss and damage the card.

Comment

nope, do the same thing just not as long
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Notorious GA0 View Post
                  Prepped my first chrome cards and am about to send them out, thanks for the advice everyone!

Can you do the same things for cards that have high gloss, like all the Prestige cards? I'd figure that prepping would rip through the gloss and damage the card.
                  lol baby powder is never going to damage your card... just do all of the glossy ones the same way and you won't have a problem
                  I like 08 topps and get IP autographs.

Comment

I just use a fat white eraser...

Comment

Working...
                    X