No announcement yet.

Wait or ask for a Replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would complain as well. I'd not send that one back though. As you might get 'double snuffed'. So perhaps by complaining you will get another card or two for the bad replacement which might 'add up to' roughly the same value you might have commanded from that other /25 triple auto. Just a thought.
    TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
    A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

complain your head off to them, i would try and get more stuff from that
      Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
      sigpic

Comment

Tell them that you're not at all satisfied with them ripping you off. Your original card had a very high value and now you're expected to accept some lame replacement.

Just get nasty with them, and I would make it a phone call to the CS Dept not an email. Remember that they have a Facebook page that you can post on if they won't do anything.

Dan

Comment

Now i'll be the different one, i think its a viable and good replacement, Iwamura/Igawa well, they arent really on Dice-K's level, Igawa to my knowledge is still in triple A, and Iwamura is on the Pirates now.

The "book value" on the Dice-K you recieved is 300, the Triple is N/A due to scarcity, However I do understand the fact that your angry/upset you didnt get the card you were promised, completely understandable, however, i dont think you need to cause a huge fight, sometimes being nice about it works, they'll tell you of course "we felt it was equal in value" in whiuch you tell them you had one N/A due to scarcity and you'd like another low numbered Dice-K Auto instead of one thats not numbered.

Just my opinion though

Comment

$300 is the current BV? If so, I wouldn't try to complain, because over all the years UD CS told me many time how they make replacements accessment-value-wise...."We are using Beckett price guide value for the only reference."
            I think the triple would books around $350. If so the current BV is what you said, I don't think I have much bargain power.

Frankly, I was expecting a DiceK (non-RC) Auto and some other Autos as it was originally a triple, and the package came, it was thin and small, and I know I got only 1 card.....and pulling out a non numbered DiceK, the first thing I do was checking ebay....it went around $80, compare to other DiceK rookie year Autographs, I felt I've been ripped by UD...

I think I am a very nice customer, I've been patience with all my redemptions and never complained.......until now...

Thanks, everybody for your suggestions~~

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
            Now i'll be the different one, i think its a viable and good replacement, Iwamura/Igawa well, they arent really on Dice-K's level, Igawa to my knowledge is still in triple A, and Iwamura is on the Pirates now.

The "book value" on the Dice-K you recieved is 300, the Triple is N/A due to scarcity, However I do understand the fact that your angry/upset you didnt get the card you were promised, completely understandable, however, i dont think you need to cause a huge fight, sometimes being nice about it works, they'll tell you of course "we felt it was equal in value" in whiuch you tell them you had one N/A due to scarcity and you'd like another low numbered Dice-K Auto instead of one thats not numbered.

Just my opinion though

I collect Utah Jazz players cards and Autographed cards
            I also collects Football, Baseball and movies cards
            Please click my banner to go to my photobucket

Wanted: 09-10 Certified Fabric of the Game of Andrei Kirilenko & Mehmet Okur
            FYI, I live in Hong Kong!

Comment

ok good luck getting something else with it.
              Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
              sigpic

Comment

Story goes on like this~~~~~

After decided not to complain, I don't know why I did that....
                I post a pic of the DiceK Auto to the Upper Deck Facebook page, just trying to listen to others what they think of the replacement..............
                2 days later, I got an email from Chris Carlin, Sports Marketing Manager of UD, asked me to send him info of the cards and he'll pass the matter to the redemption department to follow up.....I sent it...
                2 hours later, got another email from Ben Koebler, redemption supervisor of UD, asked for my phone number to discuss, I live in Hong Kong, I don't want to spend money on long-distance call for trading cards matter, so we start chatting on google chat.
                I tried to be nice and told him I like the replacement DiceK, but was expecting multiple autos for my original triple...--deleted irrelevant blah, blah content--
                15 minutes later................
                He promised to send me a Akinori Iwamura/ Andy Sonnanstine Sweet Spots Auto #/10 for the "difference"~~
                I finally find Facebook a very useful website!!!

I collect Utah Jazz players cards and Autographed cards
                I also collects Football, Baseball and movies cards
                Please click my banner to go to my photobucket

Wanted: 09-10 Certified Fabric of the Game of Andrei Kirilenko & Mehmet Okur
                FYI, I live in Hong Kong!

Comment

nice!!

Jeff
                  Click My Banner To See My Bucket
                  Click My Banner To See My Bucket

Comment

SWWEEEETTTT!

Dan

Comment

wow cool, im glad you got another card to go with it.
                      sigpic

Comment

totally sweet!

Comment

Heres the only recent Dice k auto to end

http://cgi.ebay.com/L-K-DAISUKE-MATS...item5ad5dcf74b

So that extra card is just gravy at this point

Comment

Working...
                          X