When: Sunday November 14th
Where: Capitol Flea Market
What: MLB 09 The Show, more SLU's, a Maddux for my PC, and a dog
How Much: $17
Purchase #1: Taco Bell chihuahua $1
70% of all of the dealers at this flea market have fast food "meal deal" toys. Normally, I don't even take the time to check these out... but I noticed this guy had a box of these toys still in their bags. I found this sitting on top, so I grabbed it and asked the dealer how much he wanted. He wanted $2 each or 3 for $5. I offered him a buck and he took it. So now I'm the proud owner of a talking dog.
Purchase #2: 2002 Fleer Authentix "Jersey AuthenTIX" #JAGM $2

Purchase #3: MLB 09 The Show for the PS3 $5
I think sports games' values drop faster than cars. This guy had about 15 of these, 10 of 09 Madden, and a few of the older Tiger Woods golf games for $5 a piece. Anyways... I haven't turned my PS3 on since I passed Modern Warfare 2 this past summer. Maybe this will motivate me to turn on the system.
Purchase #4: Nine more SLU's

(1995 Martin Brodeur & 1999 Wayne Gretzky)


(2000 Tony Gwynn, 1991 Bo Jackson, & 1996 Ken Griffey Jr.)


(1995 Charles Barkley, 1993 Charles Barkley, 1996 Dikembe Mutumbo, & 1997 Grant Hill)
Wow... times have changed. Fifteen years ago, these would have sold for $5 to 15 a piece... maybe even more. Today... these are practically worthless. I picked up nine more Kenner Starting Line-ups for $9. Yep... $1 a piece.
I felt like Santa Claus carrying around this big Toy's-R-Us bag, so I went up to the first garbage can I saw... and started ripping open these figures. It's amazing how much space you save when you free these from their packages. I was able to fit everything easily into my backpack.
So... now that I've come home... eaten lunch... settled in front of the computer... and have almost finished this post... I realize that I'm experiencing a little "buyer's remorse". I'm okay with two of my purchases... but regret the other two.
Which leads us to today's question... Which two items do I regret purchasing?
I'll tell you what... if you answer the question correctly, I'll give you a prize. If more than one of you get it correct, I'll use random.org to pick a winner. Entries will be accepted until Monday @ 9PM PST.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
More...
Where: Capitol Flea Market
What: MLB 09 The Show, more SLU's, a Maddux for my PC, and a dog
How Much: $17
Purchase #1: Taco Bell chihuahua $1
70% of all of the dealers at this flea market have fast food "meal deal" toys. Normally, I don't even take the time to check these out... but I noticed this guy had a box of these toys still in their bags. I found this sitting on top, so I grabbed it and asked the dealer how much he wanted. He wanted $2 each or 3 for $5. I offered him a buck and he took it. So now I'm the proud owner of a talking dog.
Purchase #2: 2002 Fleer Authentix "Jersey AuthenTIX" #JAGM $2

Purchase #3: MLB 09 The Show for the PS3 $5
I think sports games' values drop faster than cars. This guy had about 15 of these, 10 of 09 Madden, and a few of the older Tiger Woods golf games for $5 a piece. Anyways... I haven't turned my PS3 on since I passed Modern Warfare 2 this past summer. Maybe this will motivate me to turn on the system.
Purchase #4: Nine more SLU's

(1995 Martin Brodeur & 1999 Wayne Gretzky)


(2000 Tony Gwynn, 1991 Bo Jackson, & 1996 Ken Griffey Jr.)


(1995 Charles Barkley, 1993 Charles Barkley, 1996 Dikembe Mutumbo, & 1997 Grant Hill)
Wow... times have changed. Fifteen years ago, these would have sold for $5 to 15 a piece... maybe even more. Today... these are practically worthless. I picked up nine more Kenner Starting Line-ups for $9. Yep... $1 a piece.
I felt like Santa Claus carrying around this big Toy's-R-Us bag, so I went up to the first garbage can I saw... and started ripping open these figures. It's amazing how much space you save when you free these from their packages. I was able to fit everything easily into my backpack.
So... now that I've come home... eaten lunch... settled in front of the computer... and have almost finished this post... I realize that I'm experiencing a little "buyer's remorse". I'm okay with two of my purchases... but regret the other two.
Which leads us to today's question... Which two items do I regret purchasing?
I'll tell you what... if you answer the question correctly, I'll give you a prize. If more than one of you get it correct, I'll use random.org to pick a winner. Entries will be accepted until Monday @ 9PM PST.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
More...





Comment