Nifty 90's Nostalgia #5: Michael Jordan Broders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nifty 90's Nostalgia #5: Michael Jordan Broders

According to www.baseballcardpedia.com, a Broder is an unlicensed card with no investment value. According to what I've read on some blog posts, these are named after a photographer, Rob Broder, who produced some of these unlicensed cards.

So I realize that Broders have been around since the 80's... but I picked these up in the early 90's, when I worked at my local card shop. However after doing some research... the uniform Jordan is wearing in the fake Donruss and Fleer cards was worn by White Sox players during the late 80's... so my guess is as good as yours.

I remember that my boss had stacks of these sitting in the display cases and people would buy these all of the time. Unfortunately, I'm sure that a few of these people thought they were Michael Jordan's rookie baseball cards.

Every once in awhile, I'll still see one of these pop up at the flea market. I've never bothered to ask how much they want, but I'm sure you can grab these for less than a quarter.

What about you...

Do any of you own any Broders? If so... which ones?

Happy Friday everyone... I can't believe it. There's a chance we'll get snow in the valley... I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X