Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A 2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Baseball Cards Blaster of Mass Mojo Proportions that defies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Baseball Cards Blaster of Mass Mojo Proportions that defies

They seem impossible to find but as they say, anything worthwhile is difficult to attain. After a week of seeing posts about 2010 Topps Gypsy Queen Blasters hitting shelves in select areas, except my own, and repeated trips to Target that turned up nothing, I finally found one. When I say one, that’s literal, I found exactly one blaster.

It was on a trip to get some cleaning stuff like Windex that I bypassed the place I always get supplies, my local supermarket, and drove an extra ten minutes to my slightly out of the way Target. With gas at $4.35 a gallon, I figured I could justify the disappointment of another fruitless search for Gypsy Queen by combining it with an errand. This way, I was defiantly walking away with something from my excursion.

I was going to head directly to the cleaning supplies isle and then casually make my way back to the cards, but decided to change that mid stream. There is was, in a see of blasters of previous release, one lone box, barley visible, a lucky find that provided to be more lucky than I could have known. As a matter of fact, this blaster wound up shattering the odds.

I’ve already posted the video of the blaster break. If you haven’t seen it, use this link to check it out.

Here in picture form is the entire content of this blaster with stated odds.

Base Cards

Short Print Base - Odds 1:4 packs

Checklists

Base Mini Parallels

For sizing purposes, Regular Base and Mini parallel

Mini Gypsy Queen Back - Odds 1:6 packs

Mini Back Border - Odds 1:12 packs

The Great Ones - Odds 1:4 packs

Home Run Heroes - Odds 1:4 packs

Future Stars - Odds 1:4 packs

Wall Climbers - Odds 1:4 packs

Sticky Fingers - Odds 1:4 packs

Matt Holliday Framed Paper

Robinson Cano Mini Framed Relic - Group B - Odds 1:362 packs

David DeJesus Autograph - Group A - Odds 1:108 packs

Here are the complete stated odds for blasters.

Approximate odds per pack of finding (*Sequentially Numbered):
    Short Print Base Variation 1:4
    The Great Ones Insert 1:4
    Home Run Heroes Insert 1:4
    Future Stars Insert 1:4
    Sticky Fingers Insert 1:4
    Wall Climbers Insert 1:4
    *Base State Stamp Parallel 1:530

Base Mini Parallels:
    Short Print 1:24
    Gypsy Queen Back 1:6
    Black Bordered 1:12
    *Framed Paper 1:11
    *Sepia Tone 1:94

Gypsy Queen Autographs:
    Group A 1:108 - JOSE BAUTISTA, CLAY BUCHHOLZ, ANDREW CASHNER, BRETT CECIL, NELSON CRUZ, DAVID DEJESUS, PHIL HUGHES, TOMMY HUNTER, JOSH TOMLIN
    Group B 1:127 - YONDER ALONSO, DOMONIC BROWN, JASON CASTRO, NEFTALI FELIZ, FREDDIE FREEMAN, JON JAY, JOSH JOHNSON, NICK MARKAKIS, ANDREW MCCUTCHEN, MIKE MINOR,CHRIS SALE, PABLO SANDOVAL, DANNY VALENCIA, SHANE VICTORIND, BRETT WALLACE
    Group C 1:2,400 – GORDON BECKHAM, JOSH HAMILTON
    Group D 1:1,380 - AROLDIS CHAPMAN, JASON HEYWARD, EVAN LONGORIA, DAVID ORTIZ, CAL RIPKEN JR., CC SABATHIA, MIKE STANTON
    Group E 1:3,200 - HANK AARON, ROY HALLADAY, RYAN HOWARD, SANDY KOUFAX, FRANK ROBINSON, RYNE SANDBERG.

*Gypsy Queen Framed Mini Autographed Relic 1:3,800
    *Gypsy Queen Autographed Relic 1:3,800
    *Gypsy Queen Dual Autograph Relic 1:12,000
    *Gypsy Queen Triple Autograph Relic 1:18,000

Gypsy Queen Relics:
    Group A 1:139 - RYAN BRAUN, JACOBY ELLSBURY, KOSUKE FUKUDOME, BRETT GARDNER, TOMMY HANSON
    Group B 1:91 - PRINCE FIELDER, DEREK JETER, JOSH JOHNSON, DAVID ORTIZ, JORGE POSADA, HANLEY RAMIREZ, CAL RIPKEN JR., ALEX RODRIGUEZ, JAYSON WERTH, KEVIN YOUKILIS
    Group C 1:362 - ROBINSON CANO, RYAN HOWARD, YADIER MOLINA, DUSTIN PEDROIA, SCOTT ROLEN

Gypsy Queen Framed Mini Relics:
    Group A 1:56 - MIGUEL CABRERA, PRINCE FIELDER, JOSH HAMILTON, RICKEY HENDERSON, MATT HOLLIDAY, DEREK JETER, MATT KEMP, BARRY LARKIN, EVAN LONGORIA, STAN MUSIAL, DAVID ORTIZ, CAL RIPKEN JR., FRANK ROBINSON, JACKIE ROBINSON, CHASE UTLEY, DAVID WRIGHT
    Group B 1:362 - ROBINSON CANO, RYAN HOWARD, NOLAN RYAN, OZZIE SMITH, DAN UGGLA
    Group C 1:1,200 - LOU GEHRIG, THURMAN MUNSON, BABE RUTH

Gypsy Queens Insert 1:24

Gypsy Queens Insert Parallels:
    Tarot Back 1:96
    Autograph 1:920
    Relic 1:610

Prince William Relic 1:11,500

More...
    For news on all sports trading cards, autographs, memorabillia and collectables, visit my blog
    sigpic

Nice cards. I love the stuff that looks like the 19th century cards.
    "You see, you spend a good piece of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time.'' -- Jim Bouton, from the last sentence of "Ball Four"

Read my sports card and book blogs at: http://bobdangelobooks.weebly.com/the-sports-bookie

My UV wantlist:
    http://bdangelo.weebly.com/

My vintage wantlist: http://bdangelo1.weebly.com/

Comment

You did great out of 8 packs.

I too like the look of the cards,they have a sketch card look to them.
      Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Working...
      X