Question for 2011 topps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for 2011 topps

I recently bought a rack pack at Target and loved what I found. I have not collected baseball for years but after seeing this product I decided to make this set.

I was wonndering if I would be better off buying a bunch of rack packs, a hobby box, or a box of rack packs( if possible)?????

I have already purchased 7 rack packs. They are always loaded with inserts and the diamond parallel cards so I like them a lot.

Any help? Anyone??

thanks
    http://s781.photobucket.com/home/kadamscards

not updated yet but still many of the cards are there

I dont buy baseball cards, but from a basketball card standpoint, I find it easier to complete the base set with a hobby box. It is up there in price but you usually get majority of the base set, a bunch of inserts, and several hits. I think baseball base sets has more cards in it that basketball, so my comment may not be valid in this case.

Comment

set

I would definitely look into a hobby box, preferably a jumbo box. They are a little priceier but you will get around 450-500 base cards plus 3 hits per box (usually 2 jerseys and 1 autograph). There is also a redemption card per pack that allows you to go online and get older topps cards. AND the opportunity exists to pull other hits such as 1/1 printing plates and others. You have most likely spent 35-40 dollars on rack packs so getting the box will be more effective in my opinion. Hope this helps.

Comment

THank you both..HObby box, jumbo packs, it is. I figured that would be best but was unsure what the deal is with the Rack Packs. I thought maybe there were hobby boxes of them that may have been even better than the ones a target!!...

I know what I'm getting next payday

Comment

let me know what u pull,i may want to get some of the dupes u get off your hands,once i finish up with my '10 Topps & '10 Topps U&H

Comment

sure will.. but it won't be for two fridays... I'm sure I'll have doubles, so be on the look out in a couple of weeks for a message..

maybe you could trade the 10 topps for the 11.. I bought a couple of packs of them so I guess I could do that one after.

I used love topps baseball but switched to basketball, however now that PAnini is the inly basketball it is time for me to come back where I started as a kid!!

Comment

thanx man,its appreciated,usually what i do with dupes i pull from packs & what not,is try sending 'em TTM to get signed by the players

Comment

THe TTM is great. I got a couple of the 2010 baseball packs of Heritage to do that. I got Manny Acta, (manager) and Drew Stubbs RC, Jed Lowrie ttm autos on them. I like them becuase they aren't glossy. Any success on your part with ttm??.

Comment

depends on the player,ive been working on the '09 Topps baseball,and the '05-'06 Upper Deck hockey for TTM,from what ive seen on my replies,they look good,although some guys can be absolute pricks about what they sign,TTM or IP

Comment

I see.. another thing.. I do have some dupes already from the Rack packs I bought.. They are base cards. DO you need base still?? If so lmk what you need and I can look through the handful I have already

ALso forgot, i do have a few of the 2010 topps. I just found a V Guerrerro PEak performance and a Sisler/ Ichiro Insert, a YOuk toppstown. I can look for others if you need them. IF not I'll hold them in case I do make that set. I bought two or three packs when I was in ALaska last summer since that was all I could find at the store and needing to get a quick card fix. lol
                    Last edited by KADAMSCARDS; 06-01-2011, 09:44 PM.

Comment

well,ive got roughly $12.50's worth on hold at my LCS,and a buddy of mine is sending me the Posey i need,once those're in,ill take stock of what i still need for the '10 regular set,and let u know,same goes for the '10 Topps U&H,i just opened 4 jumbo packs of those,and still need to figure out what players for it im missing,once i get that organized,ill send u a needlist for that as well

Comment

Working...
                      X