No announcement yet.

How I Got My Kirby Puckett Auto!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I Got My Kirby Puckett Auto!!!!!!!

Just got to Boston a short hop from Wrightstown N J. and was in Boston with a Fellow buddy of mine for a 3 game Twins series verus es the Red Sox.
    We where dressed in our K;s and they put us near the Twins dug out as it had been raining and not to many people where there.
    Around the Fifth inning it started to drizzle again and the Twins Catcher Butch Wyneager came out of the dug out and threw Bob and I each a baseball.
    Next thing out pops Kirby Puckett with a pen and i almost fainted asked if we wanted his auto.
    All we had was a scorecard and i gave that to him and he signed it for me and Bob got Butch to sign for him as well.
    Funny little story but i found that scorecard an hr ago looking thru stuff in my attic and that is now save and secure in my autograph collection.

Terry
    The Bear

Very cool story, thanks for sharing
    Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
    sigpic

Comment

That's awesome Terry.

Collecting Ken Dilger, Indiana Hoosiers autos, and Indianapolis Colts Rookies
      Colts Rookie Collection: 408 Different Players
      Ken Dilger Collection: 261/445 (58.6%)

Tradelist
      Colts Rookie Collection
      Ken Dilger Collection

Comment

Man, that is awesome!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
        Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
        Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
        MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
        NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
        NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
        NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
        I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Thks Guys and much appreciated.

Terry
          The Bear

Comment

Cool Story Bear,

Question, best pure hitter of the 80's? Kirby, Will Clark, Brett, Boggs or other? I'm going with Kirby. Could hit for average and hit for power. Can't forget Gwynn. Other thoughts?
            Working on 2007 SPx Baseball Rookies Sub Set

Needs
            104,105,106,107,110,111,117,118,119,120,122,124,12 5,127,128,129,131,132,133,134,135,137,139,140,143, 145,146

Comment

Will Clark could hit but believe u me he was one of the most arrogant people u would ever want to me and he was like Steve garvey a 2 face SOB also could hit.
              Got both of theirs in person when getting to Ford Ord Calif in 1968.
              But i agree even though kirby had eye problems he sure could hit with his buddy Harmon Killebrew a former more formdible slugger of his time as well and one of the nicest people u will ever meet.
              To Bad cancer took him as he was a true ambassador for BaseBall when it was a game.
              Funny thing happened to me yesterday which i will pass on to u guys.
              A dear and true friend of mine who was married at home plate in Busch just after incoming from Irag told me a funny but sad story about stan Musial.
              He took his son to a card show at Xmas last year where Ozzie Smith/Lou Brock/Stan the Man and Lee Smith where signing.
              When he got to do all the 3 others he walked up to Stan and wanted him to sign his auto of the 4 of them and Stan had a ghost signer doing his signing because of his Alheimezers.
              Now we get hit with Gary carter having Brain cancer.
              Really a shame to see us lose the Greats.

Terry
              The Bear

Comment

Working...
              X