Red Sox Destination Trip - Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Sox Destination Trip - Chicago

So, my wife and I and another couple always take a short trip to see the Red Sox somewhere other than Fenway.

This time, we decided to try out the Red Sox Destination trip. And we decided on Chicago.

First off, we all wanted to visit Chicago, and we were not let down. There is a ton to do there. Too much for the amount of time that we were there. Especially with two Red Sox games shoehorned in there, and also on (pretty much) 2/3 day at the park.

We got there THursday night late. Checked in to the hotel, and got to sleep. As we knew we would be on the go the next day. Anyway, I want to get to the Destination thingy, so, just let me say Chicago is full of stuff to do. Lots of tourist stuff, lots of cool free stuff, and it seems like a very lively city. We are not into the nightlife. We go to see the Parks and the Sox.

Anyway, first off on the 'Baseball' front was to see Wrigley. It was cool. Didn't get to tour as McCartney was playing there, but we got some pictures of the facade, and it was cool to go there. Used our trolley pass and 'EL' pass to get to and fro.

Onto the 'Sox' experience. Went to the Friday game. Good game. Red Sox lost. Wakefield didn't get his 200th win. Pedroias hitting streak ended. But, still. A fun time. Nice ballpark. It was cool to get another under our belt.

Next day was game 2 and the Sox Destination tour. Game was at 6:10. We got to go in at 1:20. Went in Gate 3 and went into their auditorium. They had some dogs, some Chicago shaved italian beef, tons of salads, all you could drink. IT was cool. Then we got to meet a Sox player. Was not overly excited as it was going to be Marco Scutaro we were meeting. But, he did not disappoint. Very cool guy. Came in and we all got autographs. I got two balls, and two cards signed. It was totally sweet. He then did a Q&A with the people on the tour. Then he took pictures with everyone. It was a real blast! Loved it all. Then we hung out. Got to see WS Champ rings that the guide had for us. Got pics with those. Got a nice tour of the park. Then we got to go in for Sox (Red that is) batting practice. That was cool. YOu can get right up close to the players. Got Franconas auto on a ball and a batting practice ball. It was so cool. Then we stayed for the game which the Red Sox won 10-2. Lester pitched an awesome game.

So, it was an awesome experience. We had an absolute blast. Was very cool. If you ever get the chance to do a game like this, and you have the money, it is very cool. Different and very very cool.

Thinking about maybe going to Detroit or Kansas City next year. We shall see! If we go to Detroit, maybe Gladdy will go to a game with us!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
    Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
    Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
    MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
    NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
    NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
    NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
    I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Awesome! I love Chicago...my favorite city to visit.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by schwood View Post
      So, my wife and I and another couple always take a short trip to see the Red Sox somewhere other than Fenway.

This time, we decided to try out the Red Sox Destination trip. And we decided on Chicago.

First off, we all wanted to visit Chicago, and we were not let down. There is a ton to do there. Too much for the amount of time that we were there. Especially with two Red Sox games shoehorned in there, and also on (pretty much) 2/3 day at the park.

We got there THursday night late. Checked in to the hotel, and got to sleep. As we knew we would be on the go the next day. Anyway, I want to get to the Destination thingy, so, just let me say Chicago is full of stuff to do. Lots of tourist stuff, lots of cool free stuff, and it seems like a very lively city. We are not into the nightlife. We go to see the Parks and the Sox.

Anyway, first off on the 'Baseball' front was to see Wrigley. It was cool. Didn't get to tour as McCartney was playing there, but we got some pictures of the facade, and it was cool to go there. Used our trolley pass and 'EL' pass to get to and fro.

Onto the 'Sox' experience. Went to the Friday game. Good game. Red Sox lost. Wakefield didn't get his 200th win. Pedroias hitting streak ended. But, still. A fun time. Nice ballpark. It was cool to get another under our belt.

Next day was game 2 and the Sox Destination tour. Game was at 6:10. We got to go in at 1:20. Went in Gate 3 and went into their auditorium. They had some dogs, some Chicago shaved italian beef, tons of salads, all you could drink. IT was cool. Then we got to meet a Sox player. Was not overly excited as it was going to be Marco Scutaro we were meeting. But, he did not disappoint. Very cool guy. Came in and we all got autographs. I got two balls, and two cards signed. It was totally sweet. He then did a Q&A with the people on the tour. Then he took pictures with everyone. It was a real blast! Loved it all. Then we hung out. Got to see WS Champ rings that the guide had for us. Got pics with those. Got a nice tour of the park. Then we got to go in for Sox (Red that is) batting practice. That was cool. YOu can get right up close to the players. Got Franconas auto on a ball and a batting practice ball. It was so cool. Then we stayed for the game which the Red Sox won 10-2. Lester pitched an awesome game.

So, it was an awesome experience. We had an absolute blast. Was very cool. If you ever get the chance to do a game like this, and you have the money, it is very cool. Different and very very cool.

Thinking about maybe going to Detroit or Kansas City next year. We shall see! If we go to Detroit, maybe Gladdy will go to a game with us!
      Sure, i'd love to watch my Tigers beat the Sox

Sounds like you had an awesome time though!

Comment

Working...
      X