August Mail - Dodgers, Falcons, Josh Johnson & More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August Mail - Dodgers, Falcons, Josh Johnson & More

I think i'm going to do these post once a month since I've been slacking on posting my new cards. I have added a couple of nice cards to my Dodgers, Falcons, and random personal collections. Plus I won a nice prize from CCW.

Let's start off with the prize I won. Card Collector's World held a contest for the month of July for members who posted at least 10 times a day for the whole month. They randomized the prizes and I ended up with a Scott Jorgesen Autograph. It's his 1st autograph in the 2011 Topps product. It's available for trade.

Next I'll show my random personal collection.

I added two more Josh Johnson cards. One is a Gypsy Queen Autograph and it's ON-CARD! Cards look better without the sticker autograph. The Upper Deck Icons is two colors, which comes from the stripes on the Marlins jerseys.

I was able to trade for a Randy Johnson jersey card. He's a future Hall of Famer and had to get one. Plus the older sets are harder to find these days.

I added another jersey card to my Matty Ice collection. It's my 20th different relic. It's also numbered out of 299.

For the Falcons collection, I bought this Roddy White patch off of eBay. It's numbered out of 50 and two colors. There is stitching on the white part of the patch. It's my second Roddy White patch.

I was able to trade for a Drew Brees Patch. It's numbered out of 75 and it comes from 2009 Topps Unique. Right now, I'm going to hold onto it unless I can trade it for a nice Matt Ryan patch.

I added a couple of Dodgers relics and autographs. The first two relics are Shawn Green, who played for the Dodgers from 2000 to 2004.

Another guy that use to play for the Dodgers, but was traded away to the Chicago White Sox, Juan Pierre. It's tough trying to find Pierre relics in his Dodgers uniform. This is a piece of a Game-Used Bat.

Jeff Kent retired a couple seasons ago and hasn't really been quiet since his retirement. He was the Dodgers second baseman from 2005-2008. I don't know what took so long trying to get this Kent relic from the Allen & Ginter set. I believe it's the last Dodger one I needed in that set, plus it's a piece of a bat like the Pierre.

I was really happy when I was able to trade for this Topps Chrome Gold Autograph. John Ely is one of the players the Dodgers received from the Juan Pierre trade a couple seasons ago. He's been up-and-down the past two seasons.

Matt Kemp commemorative patch. This is my 2nd patch from the 2011 Topps set. It's not numbered but has a patch from the 1941 Brooklyn Dodgers. The card came in a little damaged since the seller on eBay didn't send it to me properly. Oh well, it's still a nice card.

I won this card on eBay last week for very cheap. It's an Swatch-Auto of Chad Billingsley. The card isn't numbered and it's a sticker autograph.

I won a couple other cards on eBay that I'm looking to trade. The first is an Upper Deck Black American Flag of L.C. Greenwood from the Pittsburgh Steelers. The UD Black Flag set is one of my favorites, so I might keep this one. The last two cards I got for my brother if he wants them, but if not they are also for trade. Diego Sanchez is an MMA fighter in the UFC and the last card is a Clippers Quad with Baron Davis, Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman and Marcus Camby. The Clippers card is numbered out of 100.

Thanks for letting me share my August cards. I'll have another post up at the end of September.

More...
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Working...
X