Gather 'Round It's Story Time: My First Big Pull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gather 'Round It's Story Time: My First Big Pull

I have been collecting sports cards since about 2004, but have never really had one of those over-the-top pulls, until about a month or so ago. I was at an antique mall and I spotted a sandwich bag full of packs for $6.00. I could only see one pack and it was football, but my interest was piqued as to what else might be in there. The clerk opens the case and I see there are 12 packs, with 6 of them being 2002 Bowman Chrome Baseball. This sent me into instant buy mode. Bowman Chrome and Baseball go hand-in-hand when it comes to current and future value, plus fifty-cents a pack is awesome and hard to come by. It wasn't until I was at the counter to checkout that I realized the packs were all open at the top. I questioned my possible purchase, but took the risk. Am I glad I did?. I pulled a game-used, which was thought to be impossible, given the situation. I also managed to pull this beauty. My best pull to date. Sorry for the long read, but the details make it worthwhile.

2002 Bowman Chrome X-fractors Jose Bautista RC #ed /250-$120.00 BV
    Last edited by YankeeCollector; 05-16-2012, 08:08 PM.

man congrats on the great luck!

Sweet Pull

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Congrats!!! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Thanks. Hopefully, with the money that I make, I can buy a FALCON!

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
        man congrats on the great luck!

Sweet Pull
        Originally posted by key2win View Post
        Congrats!!! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Yeah since Batista has been hot since last season with the Blue Jays, now is the perfect time to resell it and get something nice with the profit.

Comment

Jackpot!!!! nice buy...
            I collect a little bit of everything. But, if I never get back to you, your probably on Ignore!!

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f111/prosefan1/

Jim Thome Have List: http://dave44671.tripod.com/

Save the Ta-Tas

Comment

It will be my centerpiece for many card shows to come. I hope the seller puts out some more packs soon. A full 2002 Bowman Chrome Hobby Box wouldn't hurt either.

Originally posted by key2win View Post
              Yeah since Batista has been hot since last season with the Blue Jays, now is the perfect time to resell it and get something nice with the profit.
              Thanks. I will try one more spin if some more packs show up.

Originally posted by Dave Crum View Post
              Jackpot!!!! nice buy...

Comment

That's a heck of a pull out of opened packs.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

damn thats hot!

http://www.4salebytubers.com/ccw/Store/HaZeOfGrEEn
                  http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee317/feardaspear26/

Comment

Nice story and great luck! Those rare moments of greatness are what keep us all going!
                    -Kg

My Bucket: http://www.photobucket.com/kgsportscards/

Comment

Thanks. It turns out it is a hard card to sell at the local shows here in Kentucky, so I am going to try to sale or trade it online.

Originally posted by schwood View Post
                      That's a heck of a pull out of opened packs.
                      Originally posted by HaZeOfGrEEn View Post
                      damn thats hot!
                      Originally posted by kgsportscards View Post
                      Nice story and great luck! Those rare moments of greatness are what keep us all going!

Comment

WOW way to go!!!! Sometimes it's those diamond in the rough buys that shcok the world
                        Always looking for Gary Carter, Carlton Fisk, Nolan Ryan, Yogi Berra.

Comment

Working...
                        X