Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Topps Finest Break...And Pack Wars at my LCS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Topps Finest Break...And Pack Wars at my LCS...

I am without power these days, but I wanted to share a break I recently did and talk about the pack wars they did at the shop.

So, I was at the card shop on Friday night, and they were doing a pack wars with 2011 Bowman Chrome. So, I had to buy that box, but when I go to these I always like to get something else as well. So, I bought a box of 2011 Topps Finest.

In my box, I pulled a couple of pretty nice things.

First off, I pulled a Freddie Freeman GU Auto as one of my two hits. Pretty nice card. I think it is #d out of 499. Pretty good card of a decent young up and coming guy.

Next I pulled a really sweet Eduardo Sanchez Die Cut Auto #d to 10. This is a really sweet card. Hoping I can find something nice for this. He is a prospect with the Cardinals.

So, no PC hits in there, but in my second to last pack I got a really nice PC hit. I pulled a nice Carl Crawford Red out of there that is #d to 25. Not an auto or anything, but a very very cool PC card.

Then onto the Chrome...

From this box I pulled a couple of Bryce Harper cards. I am not a prospector at all. I only collect Red Sox, and the guy next to me wanted the Harpers. Well, I am a sucker for Red Sox stuff. He actually won a John Lackey auto'd ball and a Jose Iglesias Auto'd ball. Well, I have neither of those guys, so I offered up the Harpers and an Al Kaline ball I won in the wars for the Red Sox balls. We made a deal. I know the stuff I gave him was worth more. But not to me. I wanted the Sox stuff. So, came away with the two Red Sox balls.

Got rid of the prospect cards in my Chrome as I don't do prospecting. The guy gave me all his inserts from his box for them. Good deal for me. Also he gave up a couple of teams worth of cards from the other stuff as well. So, got some good stuff out of there for the guys I normally trade with. I also gave this one kid all my Yankees. He hooked me up with some Sox and a couple of refractors from his box.

Overall a nice night at the shop doing some pack wars. Came away with some cool stuff. And to top it off, the guy also brought in Italian food, so had a good feast to boot!

Good time! If you ever have a chance to do a pack wars at a shop, you should definitely check it out.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
    Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
    Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
    MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
    NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
    NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
    NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
    I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

The shop in our town use to do pack wars once a month and it usually brought in 20-25 people. he would then offer up new boxes and you would all buy packs out of the box being opened, he would then give tickets to people who pulled autos or game used or players from a certain team. We would bust basketball, football, baseball and even golf. At the end of the night everyone would put thier tickets in a jar and he would pull out tickets and people would win prizes in the showcase he had made up and the grand prize ticket was a pack from every box he sold in the store and of course free pizza and soda. Of course the packs started getting more expensive and less and less people could do it so it came to a sad end. How nice it was while it lasted.

Comment

For this one, we all opened up two packs of the box. So, 9 rounds. You used the black veteran type cards for first half and the white cards for the second half of each round. He had supplies and stuff for the first half of each round, and the signed balls for the second half of each round. Luckily I won two second round prizes. it was pretty sweet!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
      Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
      Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
      MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
      NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
      NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
      NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
      I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Working...
      X