2011 Topps Triple Threads Break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Topps Triple Threads Break

So, I was at the big show in the area this past weekend. It was the Shriner's Auditorium show run by GBSCC! It was a fun show.

While I was there, I busted my one box of Triple Threads baseball. I give myself one box of this stuff each year as it is kind of high end for me, but I always like to go for a big hit.

Sorry for no scans, but some of the cards I don't even have anymore as I trade them away.

So, first pack, I get a Joe Dimaggio Unity Relic card #d/18 and a sweet booklet. It was Aroldis Chapman/Chris Sale dual GU Auto #d/50. So, here I am thinking that is it. The other cards are going to be really terrible. As I figured those were two really good cards. Onto the second pack, and I pull out a sweet Phillie GU with Hamels, Halladay and Lee. It was #d/36 I believe. And the last card is an awesome Jason Heyward unity relic auto #d/25 I believe. Pretty sweet! ANd much better than I thought the second pack would be.

So, what do I do you ask?

I immediately start shopping the Dimaggio. Noone really wanted it which was kind of strange with all the Yankees collectors there. So, I hit up three people I had talked to during the day.

Then there was one other lady who I wanted to talk to. So, I ended up buying a whole bunch of stuff from her...

Youkilis - TTT 'Youk' GU
    Youkilis - TTT '2x WS Champ' GU
    Pedroia - TTT Unity relic
    Pierce - 'Pierce' GU
    Pierce - 'Celtics' GU
    Garnett - 'Celtics' GU
    McHale - 2 color patch
    Taylor Price - GU/Auto #d/99 from 2010 Platinum

And a few other things.

As I am talking to her, we are talking about Triple Threads in general. I am telling her I busted a box, and she tells me she is a Yankees collector. ANd she is interested in the Dimaggio. So, we get to talking (oh by the way, she gave me a great deal on the stuff i bought) and she has an Adrian Gonzalez White Whale from 2011 TTT that she is selling. We hash it out, and I ended up giving here the Dimaggio (sells around 35-40), Phillies GU (sells around 25-30) and some cash for the GOnzalez. This was one of the main things I wanted to get this day, and I got it.

I also have just traded off the booklet for another Gonzo GU/Auto from FInest. Both sell about the same, but the Gonzo is way better as it is PC for me.

When I get this stuff in and scanned I will include them here.

Thanks for reading!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
    Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
    Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
    MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
    NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
    NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
    NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
    I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Nice box and nice trade to get the Gonzo!

Comment

Thanks bud.

And the one thing on the Celtics I got, they were all #d/99. A nice score all around!

Oh, and got you some other stuff too gladdy. I got one card for a steal that hopefully you put right into your PC!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
      MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
      NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
      NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
      I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Congrats on the PC trade!

Comment

Thanks...

Originally posted by key2win View Post
          Congrats on the PC trade!
          I am really happy with it. I was hoping to get a Crawford Auto for it, but I know those are really hard to find. Especially in the Sox uni. I will get one eventually. I am sure of it.

Comment

Working...
          X