Xmas Break Cleaning = Vintage Binder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas Break Cleaning = Vintage Binder

I finally came to the conclusion that I needed to do something about the mess on my office desk. It has been cluttered for nearly two months as cards have slowly accumulated into mounds. So, last night... I decided to do something about it.

Unfortunately... I'm not finished yet (hopefully, I can wrap things up by this evening), but one of the things I managed to do was build my vintage card binder:

Simply put... it's a binder for all of my vintage cards that aren't high-end, but at the same time hold some sort of value (either sentimental or collector value) to me.

I debated on whether or not to organize it alphabetically or chronologically... and in the end I chose the latter. After that, I had to decide on a cutoff year.

At first, I went with 1979... since anything pre-80's is what I consider to be vintage. But then I realized... there are just too many cool cards in the 80's to leave out.

In the end, I decided to make 1986 the cutoff year for baseball... since 1987 was the first year I started to buy cards in "bulk".

As for football, basketball, and hockey... I extended it to 1989... seeing that I didn't start collecting those sports until the early 90's.

I'm pretty happy with the results, because it reduces clutter and gives me a place to put my lower end vintage cards.

Plus it fits perfectly on my shelf between my 90's Basketball Inserts PC binder & my Tony Gwynn PC binder.

Up next: Sorting through Top Loaders & Card Savers... and determining which ones are worth keeping... and which are headed to the dumpster.

Today's question is...

What do you do with the Top Loaders/Card Savers that are no longer pleasing to the eye (ie: have tape or price tags, are yellowing, etc.)?

I've saved a bunch of these over the past few years and have also acquired some in my Craigslist hauls, but they are taking up too much space. Usually, I reuse them as shipping supplies, but do I really need all of these? Probably not. Any suggestions outside of dumping them, would be appreciated.

Happy Hump Day & Sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

how many toploaders do u have that ure thinking of tossing?

Comment

see if theres a cards for kids operation close to you, that you can donate to. If no program is available check with your local Scouting Troop and see if theres an Eagle Scout candidate, maybe he can set one up for his Project. I'm sure there is some type of program for underprivledged kids that would take anything you are willing to give away. up to you, bob
      UD Baseball MASTER SET Collector!! I need 1 copy of every BB card UD made. My want list is far from complete. LMK what you have & what you want

Comment

Donations will be a better way to go I donate things to the youth ranch, that way it is a tax deduction.
        http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Yah look for a place to give them away a youth area or if u cant, ship them to some1 who can get them to a place for yah dont throw them away some kids would love them.

Comment

probably 300?

Originally posted by chris_brown View Post
            how many toploaders do u have that ure thinking of tossing?
            Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

This is a great idea... my friend's nephew is a boy scout. I can ask him if he wants them. If not, maybe I'll slide some singles into them and drop them off at Goodwill and use it as a tax deduction.

Thanks for all of the feedback.

Originally posted by bobdabench View Post
              see if theres a cards for kids operation close to you, that you can donate to. If no program is available check with your local Scouting Troop and see if theres an Eagle Scout candidate, maybe he can set one up for his Project. I'm sure there is some type of program for underprivledged kids that would take anything you are willing to give away. up to you, bob
              Originally posted by tndcollectables View Post
              Donations will be a better way to go I donate things to the youth ranch, that way it is a tax deduction.
              Originally posted by danielalba View Post
              Yah look for a place to give them away a youth area or if u cant, ship them to some1 who can get them to a place for yah dont throw them away some kids would love them.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

No problem glad to help.
                http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Working...
                X