A few weeks ago Jon over at State of The Hobby...I'm Your Average Card Collector held a little giveaway to kick of the new year.
And voila... I won! He graciously sent me two hits:
According to www.scoutingbook.com, he's a big, strong right hander with an effective fastball and a decent curve, but lacks a true third pitch. It looks like the Brewers called him for a day last year, although he is still waiting to make his MLB appearance.
But... he was definitely a part of my childhood and a piece of American pop culture... so I welcome this relic to my collection with open arms.
Thanks a million Jon for these two generous gifts. Have a wonderful weekend & sayonara!
More...
And voila... I won! He graciously sent me two hits:
According to www.scoutingbook.com, he's a big, strong right hander with an effective fastball and a decent curve, but lacks a true third pitch. It looks like the Brewers called him for a day last year, although he is still waiting to make his MLB appearance.
This is the first 2011 Topps American Pie card... and I couldn't be happier. I'll admit, I've never been a Gottfried fan... in fact his voice & facial expressions drive me nuts. Never heard/seen it?
But... he was definitely a part of my childhood and a piece of American pop culture... so I welcome this relic to my collection with open arms.
Thanks a million Jon for these two generous gifts. Have a wonderful weekend & sayonara!
More...




Comment