Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Domo Arigato: AJ @ The Lost Collector

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Domo Arigato: AJ @ The Lost Collector


    In December AJ, author of the blog: The Lost Collector, showcased his 1/1 sketch card of Jesus Montero that he drew while watching a Giants-Redskins game. I complimented him on his skills and told him I wished I had the ability to draw like him.


    He emailed me later that day and offered to create my very own sketch card of whoever I wanted... preferably baseball. I immediately started thinking who the subject would be... going back and forth between Tony Gwynn, Greg Maddux, and Kurt Suzuki.


    I ended up picking Suzuki, because he's my current favorite player. AJ mentioned that there might be a delay in creating the card, because a new addition to his family was going to arrive in the upcoming days. Congratulations buddy... hope the little guy isn't keeping you up all night.


    Fast forward to this past Saturday and this beauty was sitting in my mailbox:




    Thank you so much AJ. You did an amazing job and I'm proud to add it to my Kurt Suzuki collection. I've put it into a screw down and it's now a part of my Oakland Athletics shelf in my office.


    By the way... there's a package here sitting next to me with some Tino's for your collection. Hopefully you can use them... they're the only ones I could find. I'll get those shipped out tomorrow.


    Thanks again & Sayonara!



    More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

    My Website

    My Blog

    My Bucket

    sigpic

  • #2
    So many awesome people in the collecting community. Very Talented!
    PC Japanese players and 2012 Tribute hits
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TakaTanakaGiants
    Ichiro, Matsui, Matsuzaka, Uehara, Okajima, etc.
    http://s1109.photobucket.com/albums/...aTanakaGiants/

    Comment


    • #3
      Very cool! You cant pull that kind of love from a pack!!!!
      Currently looking for:
      Football: The Gronk!
      Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
      Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
      + HOFer slab bed or raw.

      Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
      Go Cats!!!

      Trade page:
      http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

      Comment


      • #4
        Agree on both counts.
        Originally posted by TakaTanakaGiants View Post
        So many awesome people in the collecting community. Very Talented!

        I know right... there's nothing better than receiving a one of a kind gift created by another collector. I'll keep this card in my collection even after I stop collecting.
        Originally posted by azdbacks1998 View Post
        Very cool! You cant pull that kind of love from a pack!!!!
        Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

        My Website

        My Blog

        My Bucket

        sigpic

        Comment

        Working...
        X