Bringing the hobby to my classroom...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing the hobby to my classroom...

During the school year, I spend anywhere from 35 to 40 hours a week in my classroom. In a sense... it's my second home. So it shouldn't be a surprise that my workspace is littered with memorabilia and collectibles I've accumulated over the years.

Some of the items were personal items from my 90's collecting days... but the majority of the stuff you see were gifts from students and families over the years.

Middle school students see my toy collection and feel the need to add their unwanted toys to the stockpile. The perfect example is my Star Wars display. It started with two figures: Darth Maul & Obi-wan Kenobi. Now I have over ten figures, including a couple of bobbleheads & miniature figurines.

And then there's my sports memorabilia. One of the ways I build a connection with my students is by talking "sports". So they are well aware of my love for the A's, Padres, Sharks, Warriors, Packers, and Seahawks... which means every Christmas & birthday, I get a fare share of sports stuff: signs, posters, figures, diecast cars, plush toys, and apparel.

What about you...

Do you bring the hobby into your workplace?

Happy Hump Day... and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Very cool Mark!
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Very cool Fuji!!

Comment

Thanks you guys!
        Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X