Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-glossy sets from late 90s / early 00s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-glossy sets from late 90s / early 00s?

I think I am addicted to TTM auto'ing and I was thinking about starting a more recent auto set with a mix of current and retired players. I don't like trying to get glossy cards signed so I'm looking for a good non-glossy set.

As I always liked Topps Total and UD XL football, I looked into Total and 40-Man baseball but those sets are ridiculous at 900-1000+ cards. I also remember UD Play Ball but I think that was a smaller set and the cards are ugly. A&G is a little too recent and has SPs. Topps Heritage has SPs too and I don't like the look of cards with facsimile autos and real autos together.

Any ideas? I am looking into the 97-03 range maybe.
    DON'T PM ME - MY INBOX IS FULL!

UT Rookies wantlist - Set wantlist

04 Topps is maybe something to look at, probably a big set but its white cards, dont believe they are glossy either

Comment

2005 Upper Deck Classics for retired players...Not sure about resent.
      Click On Awesome Banner To Go To My Site

Comment

Thanks for the feedback - a couple of examples of ones I found so far are:

2001 UD Vintage
        2002 Fleer Tradition

So "retired" players in the sense of recently retired / out of the league, not old timers, I should have made that clearer.

I thought about the basic Topps sets but I know football has been glossy for some time so I just assumed baseball was too, I dunno.
        DON'T PM ME - MY INBOX IS FULL!

UT Rookies wantlist - Set wantlist

Comment

96 and 97 Fleer were made for autos

Kazmir Collection 1621/2986 - 54.2%

like Mohammed Ali I float like a butterfly
          but sting like poison ivy

My tradesite

Comment

Working...
          X