I Overpaid & I Liked It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Overpaid & I Liked It

I haven't asked my friends to describe me lately, but I'm sure at some point the word "cheap" would be mentioned.

The fact is... I've been "stingy" ever since I moved out of my parent's house and entered the real world. That doesn't mean I don't buy nice things for myself. I just make sure that I'm getting the best price or at the very least a good deal.

On the other hand, every now & then, I'll climb out of my shell to splurge on something I really want. One of those things was this Hiroyuki Nakajima's 2001 BBM rookie card. If you're not familiar with Nakajima, he's the latest Japanese baseball player to cross the Pacific and enter the MLB.

I was pretty excited when I heard the Oakland A's signed him to a two year contract back in December. Unfortunately, the odds of him becoming the next Ichiro are next to none. He's struggle at the plate and on the field this Spring, so there's a chance he won't start on an every day basis, which means I'll never recover the $4.99 I paid for this card.

Oh well... worst case scenarios... everyone can use a Hiro in their life.

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

Extra Edition

Almost forgot. Only two days left in March. Check back on Monday to see who won this month's contest. Plus there'll be details on April's contest.

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X