The King of All Restaurant Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The King of All Restaurant Issues

A few weeks ago, I turned forty to fifty thousand trading cards into $100. And now I'm turning the money back into cardboard. My first purchase with the $100 is this 1978 Topps Burger King Detroit Tigers set. It's no secret that the Tigers had a nice share of the cardboard prospects in 1978.

Jack Morris, Alan Trammell, and Lou Whitaker were all featured on 1978 Toppsquad-player rookie cards:

And thanks to the collaboration of Topps and Burger King, they had individual cards as well:

As of today, none of them have plaques hanging in Cooperstown. But that hasn't kept collectors from paying decent money for these restaurant issue rookie cards.

I entered into a nice little bidding war and in the end... I prevailed. FINAL PRICE = $28 + $3.50 shipping.

So that leaves me with $68.50 from my Craigslist sale. I'll update you with the rest of my purchases in the near future.

Happy Monday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Very cool!!

Comment

Working...
    X