Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap Cool Cards #24: 1990 Topps Heads Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Cool Cards #24: 1990 Topps Heads Up!

If you're a sucker for oversized oddballs like I am, then you'll love 1990 Topps Heads Up! Baseball Stars. For those who are unfamiliar with these, they're giant heads of baseball players that came with a suction cup, so collectors could stick them onto lockers, refrigerators, or windows. If you look at my Gwynn, you'll notice a huge hole in his head where the suction cup once resided. I ended up removing it, so it would fit into my Gwynn binder.

There are twenty-four players in the set and twenty-four packs in a box. The box I purchased off of eBay had perfect collation, which is probably what Topps had intended.

Although there are a few players who fell off the face of this planet, I have to admit that I was pretty happy to see threeAthletics and Mr. Gwynn make the checklist. Then throw in Griffey, Doc, Bo, The Thrill, & Kirby and you have the makings of a solid set.

Best of all, you can find boxes of this stuff cheap on eBay. I picked up my box for under $12 delivered... which breaks down to around 50ยข/pack.

Just like the title says... these are cheap and cool. Worst case scenario... they're cheap.

So what do you think?

Were the product designers @ Topps aHEAD of the game? Or out of their minds?

Happy Thursday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X