The Big Hurt = Big Bargain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Hurt = Big Bargain

Either last year... or the year before, I started trying to track down a 1991 O-Pee-Chee Chipper Jonesrookie card. My hunt lasted a lot longer than I had expected. Simply put... for a card issued during the heart of the Junk Wax Era, they weren't so easy to find.

Anyways... I eventually picked up a couple for my collection. But then I started thinking... what about other early 90'sO-Pee-Chee rookie cards?

The first one that popped into my head was Frank Thomas from the 1990 O-Pee-Chee set. As I expected, they are a lot less common than his American counterpart.

See for yourself:
    Check Out My Cards: None Available
    Beckett Market Place: 1 Available for $9 (shipping not included)
    Sportlots: None Available
    eBay: 3 Graded Copies ranging from $39.99 to $249.99
    Just Commons: None Available

I'm sure that O-Pee-Chee cranked up the printing presses, like everyone else back in that era. But unless you live in Canada, it might be a little trickier for you to obtain one than you might expect.

Last week, I grabbed a pair of these on Just Commons (paid $1.80 each), along with the last one on Sportlots ($1.39). Currently, Beckett has this card listed at $3.00. But if it's anything like the O-Pee-CheeChipper, there's a lot of room for growth.

Happy Friday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X