Have you ever wondered what would happen if Beanie Babies and baseball cards hooked up and produced offspring? Well look no further...
I present to you a box of 1999 Salvino/Team Best Baseball. Each box contains a Salvino's Rookie Bammersbear, a corresponding trading card numbered to 10,000, and six packs of 1999 Team Bestbaseball cards.
Salvino created bears featuring: Lance Berkman, J.D. Drew, Rick Ankiel, Ryan Anderson, and Pat Burrell. I ended up with Baseball America's1999 #2 top prospect:
Ankiel has been in and out of the MLB the past fourteen years. He's currently a free agent, but earlier this season he hit home runs playing for the Houston Astros and New York Mets.
In fact, he's the first player since Babe Ruth to hit 50 home runs and win 10 games as a pitcher.
As for the six packs of baseball cards...
Unfortunately, there isn't much to show you. I failed to pull any inserts and the biggest name I found was a guy who has been out of the MLB for almost 10 years.
Bottom line... was busting this box worth the five bucks I spent at the card show? Probably not. But it brought back a few memories, gave me about ten minutes worth of entertainment, reminded me of the risks of collecting prospects, and left me holding onto a purple teddy bear with the #22 stitched on its back.
Happy Saturday and sayonara!
More...
I present to you a box of 1999 Salvino/Team Best Baseball. Each box contains a Salvino's Rookie Bammersbear, a corresponding trading card numbered to 10,000, and six packs of 1999 Team Bestbaseball cards.
Salvino created bears featuring: Lance Berkman, J.D. Drew, Rick Ankiel, Ryan Anderson, and Pat Burrell. I ended up with Baseball America's1999 #2 top prospect:
Ankiel has been in and out of the MLB the past fourteen years. He's currently a free agent, but earlier this season he hit home runs playing for the Houston Astros and New York Mets.
In fact, he's the first player since Babe Ruth to hit 50 home runs and win 10 games as a pitcher.
As for the six packs of baseball cards...
Unfortunately, there isn't much to show you. I failed to pull any inserts and the biggest name I found was a guy who has been out of the MLB for almost 10 years.
Bottom line... was busting this box worth the five bucks I spent at the card show? Probably not. But it brought back a few memories, gave me about ten minutes worth of entertainment, reminded me of the risks of collecting prospects, and left me holding onto a purple teddy bear with the #22 stitched on its back.
More...








Comment