Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silver Hasn't Held Its Value

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Silver Hasn't Held Its Value

    When was the last time you pulled a parallel numbered to 2,000 and got excited because of its scarcity? If you're like me, it was probably during the 90's. These days many collectors don't even blink when the pull something numbered to 500, let alone 2,000.

    But back in mid 90's, I remember busting packs of Donrussbaseball, football, and hockey products in search of their Press Proofs. And every time I found one, it felt like I struck gold. Or in the case of this particular card... it felt like I struck silver:



    1997 Donruss Silver Press Proof #133


    Back then, there's a chance that I didn't even know who Mariano Rivera was. Looking back at his career, 1997 was his breakout season and the first year he made the all-star team.


    But I can assure you, that this card was quickly pulled from the pack and inserted into a penny sleeve and top loader, due to its relative scarcity of being only 1 of 2,000.




    Fast forward sixteen years and you have this not so rare parallel of the best closer to play the game.


    Happy Sunday and sayonara!


    More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

    My Website

    My Blog

    My Bucket

    sigpic
Working...
X