Cheap Cool Cards #25: 1988 Upper Deck Promo Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Cool Cards #25: 1988 Upper Deck Promo Cards

Back in the early 90's, I was fortunate enough to get hired by my local card shop who introduced me to the world of promo cards. Since then, I have accumulated hundreds of different promo cards ranging from baseball to non-sports to soccer cards.

And recently, I picked up the two promo cards have have eluded my collection for twenty-five years.
    They're the 1988 Upper Deckbaseball card promos:

#1 DeWayne Buice

#700 Wally Joyner

These cards were distributed in a variety of ways and actually have an interesting story behind them. It even involves a little bit of Upper Deck's history. If you're interested, I encourage you to read this article.

As for me... I grew tired of seeing them sit atop my cardboard wantlist, so I headed over to COMC and purchased the pair for $9.50. With that being said... they're officially the most expensive cards in my promo card collection. But at least I didn't pay the high prices these cards once commanded from card shops.

Happy Wednesday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

My friend's sister is married to Wally Joyner. Unfortunately, a few years back, they got into a dispute regarding inheritance and aren't talking to each other anymore. It's too bad. I could give him probably 100 Wally Joyner cards from my collection!
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

I'm thinking you should play family counselor. Who knows... maybe he'd be willing to sign some of those cards as payment.

Originally posted by ucffans View Post
      My friend's sister is married to Wally Joyner. Unfortunately, a few years back, they got into a dispute regarding inheritance and aren't talking to each other anymore. It's too bad. I could give him probably 100 Wally Joyner cards from my collection!
      Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X