A Sticky Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Sticky Project

I have no idea who was running the ship over at Fleer during the 80's... but they were geniuses. Seriously. Those MLBteam logo stickers they inserted into packs were awesome. I must have plastered hundreds of these on binders, book covers, and even on my closet door when I was in elementary school.

Then right around middle school... something happened. I'm not sure what exactly took place, but I stopped using Fleer'sstickers and started throwing them in a box.

No... I wasn't collecting them. But the "hoarder" in me wouldn't allow me to throw them out. Eventually, they were sold off with the other unwanted items in my collection.

Fast forward to a few months ago... when I stumbled across some older 70'sFleerlogo stickers at one of the mall shows. It was like I was in elementary school again. I desperately wanted to add some Fleerstickers to my collection, so I searched eBay and picked up a few of these vintage stickers:

These cloth stickers are awesome. I love the old school logos and colors, but the coolest thing about these stickers are the variations. I'm looking forward to chasing down a few more of these to add to my Oakland A's, San Diego Padres, and Montreal Expos collections.

Then a couple of weekends ago, I found a guy at the San Jose Toy Show with a box filled with Fleerstickers. He wanted 10ยข a piece or 15/dollar, so I asked him if he'd sell me the box for $5. That worked for him and I'm now the proud owner of over 200 stickers ranging from the early 80's to the early 90's.

Here's a look at the stickers I pulled for my new project:

My goal is to collect all of the different A's, Padres, and Exposstickers from the 80's. I know there are a lot of different variations, but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Thankfully, there's a blog out there dedicated to these stickers called The Fleer Sticker Project. I've already bookmarked it and plan on going back and reading his past post to educate myself a little.

Anyone else collect Fleer Stickers?

Happy Wednesday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X