How do you organize your collection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you organize your collection?

So for my first post here, I thought I'd get everyone's feedback on how you organize your card collection. I always find it interesting hearing of the different methods out there, so please share...
    www.TopContenderSports.com

I only collect 2 things: Albert Pujols and St. Louis Cardinals. I store all of my Cardinals in monster boxes. Pujols cards go in penny sleeves then toploaders. If the card is expensive, I'll use a team set bag also. Then into shoeboxes, organized by year and in alphabetical order. I scan all new Pujols and add them to my Photobucket(nearly 1100) but haven't had the time to do the same for the nearly 17,000 other different Pujols cards.The boxes are stored in my fireproof vault in my safe room, which is part of my unfinished man cave.

Comment

For what I considered Star players or my favorite players, I kept them by Player, Make of Card (Topps, Donruss, Fleer, etc), then by Year. I kept these in a binder with the 9 card plastic sheets.

For semi-stars, I also kept in a binder, but by Year, Make of Card, Team, Player Name.

Commons I kept in storage boxes, by Year, Make of card, # of card.
      http://s30.photobucket.com/user/joshuarhoads/library/

Comment

I collect all the Boston teams in the 4 major sports.

I keep all my GU and Autos together. They go in penny sleeves, toploaders, and team bags. Then I have them organized alphabetically by player and they go into the 2 row shoeboxes you can get.

The base/insert/rookies, I put in penny sleeves. If they are low numbered or nice rookies they will likely go in a top loader and team bag. These too are in alphabetical order and then in the same shoeboxes. I label the boxes with a label maker and number them in order.

Right now, I have all my Celtics, Bruins and Patriots organized. I have my Red Sox base/insert/rookies all set, but I have to do the GU and Autos still. I have started, but it takes a while. They are all in the one-screw plastic holders, and they take up way too much room, and I have heard the penny/toploader/team bag is better for them. So, I have transitioned all them over to those. Just need to do the Sox.

Anyway, that is about it. And my for trade stuff is just put in team slots. And I pull out what I need to when I do trades. But my baseball is an absolute mess. I have started to get it under control, but it is going to take a LONG time.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
        Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
        Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
        MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
        NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
        NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
        NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
        I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Working...
        X