Fantastic Fingers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic Fingers

As a collector who prides himself on finding good deals on sports cards, I'm not ashamed to tell all of you that every now and then, I'll splurge and pay full book on a piece of cardboard. And if I really want a card... I'll even pay over book.

That's what happened when I stumbled across this 1974 Topps card of Roland Glen Fingers:

1974 Topps #212

Isn't it a beauty? Seriously... just take a few seconds and soak in the awesomeness of this card.

If I owned a baseball card museum, this card would definitely be hanging up on one of the walls. Everything about it is stunning. The 1974 Toppsdesign shows off the Athleticsteam colors. Fingers with his iconic mustache is in mid delivery and was cropped perfectly to fit the photo window. Plus he sort of blends in with the blurry fans in the background giving the card sort of a Van Gogh kind of feel.

However these reasons alone don't justify the dollar amount I spent on this card. Heck... there are multiple copies of this card on COMC for under a buck. But what separates this card from those is the condition.

This card looks like it was recently pulled from a pack. It's in great condition and is very well centered (don't be fooled by the top border... part of it was chopped off in the scan).

That's why I had no problem dropping $3.99 on this amazing addition to my Oakland Athletics PC.

Okay... your turn. Based on card design and photo selection...

What are some of you favorite cards that would be museum wall worthy?

Happy Monday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic
Working...
X