I Miss Denny's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Miss Denny's

It's funny how we relate certain things in our lives with certain time periods. And every time I drive by Denny's, I think of late night study sessions when I was back in college. Last week, I met a friend of mine there for breakfast and it just wasn't the same as I remembered.

Everything from the decor to the menu seemed different. I was glad to see they still had one of my favorites... Moons Over My Hammy. But even that was different. It seemed 10x greasier than back in the early 90's.

At least I'll always have the memories... and of course my Denny'sbaseball cards.

In honor of Wednesday'sannouncement... here's my 1996 Denny's Hologram of The Big Hurt:

It's nice to know that some things stay the same. This card is just as cool (heck... maybe even cooler) as it was back in 1996 when I stuffing my belly with Grand Slammeals in an attempt to get as many packs of Denny'sholograms I could get my hands on.

Happy Friday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Awesome post, Fuji. I have a soft, clogged spot in my heart for the Denny's Grand Slam Holograms. I think I still have one or two from the first and second year editions, lol.
    My Bucket: http://s1284.beta.photobucket.com/us...ghost/library/

I collect: TRAE ARBET, Austin Meadows, Gregory Polanco

Comment

I think similar when I see TOMBSTONE pizza's in the grocery store.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
      Baseball HOFers Autos I need
      Orioles Autos I need
      Baseball HOFers GU I need
      Orioles GU I need
      Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
      However other offers will be considered

Comment

The cards were the best tasting thing on the menu!!!

Comment

I have quite a few of these cards from Dennys! Nice read!
          U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
          http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
          Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
          Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Working...
          X