Earl Weaver & Book Values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earl Weaver & Book Values

One of my buddy's is a stickler when it comes to Beckettbook value. The thing is... he's one of the last people on the planet who doesn't use eBay, so he has no concept of "completed sales" or "fair market value".

Usually it hinders any kind of transaction between us, but recently he handed me a stack of cards he was looking to dump at a third of book. Most of the stuff was garbage, but I was able to find one card I'd be willing to open my wallet for.

It's this 2003 Topps Retired Earl Weaver "on card" autograph...

This is one of those instances where Beckett is actually pretty accurate on their pricing. They list this card at $6 (low book) to $15 (high book) and recenteBay sales seem to support Beckett.

That's why I was pretty excited to add this beautiful card to my collection for a crispfive dollar bill. I really like how the blue ink stands out on the white background.

Plus he's a hall of famer and was one of my favorite managers to watch during the 80's. I loved how he'd get into it with umpires and literally go crazy. In his seventeen years of being the Oriolesskipper, he won fourAmerican Leaguepennants, one World Series, and had five 100+ win seasons. Out of all of those years, he only had one losing season... his final year of managing.

Miss ya Earl!

Happy Sunday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Great pick up at a damn good price... I wouldn't go so far as saying Beckett is accurate, more like Weave's sig is overlooked and underappreciated and same can be said for a lot of the old timers who are no longer in the limelight. I see Bob Gibson listings in the $1-$5.00 range, I'll take him any day over some prospect who's yet to make a 25-man roster.

Comment

Working...
    X