One of my friends is in the process of cleaning out his garage, so he told me to stop by his house to check out some cards he no longer wanted before he posted them on Craigslist. Usually... he's a little pricey, since he's a dealer who sets up at local card shows. But he told me he'd work with me on the prices, so I dove in.
And after sifting through his stuff for almost an hour, I found a few things of interest: a binder, a 49ers oddball set, and a box of soccer cards:
Let's kick things off with a bunch of 2013 Topps MLScards...
He busted a case and pulled the relics, autographs, and numbered parallels. Everything else went into the box you see above. What exactly are you looking at? Well here's the breakdown:
A. Ten Topps MLS Base Card Sets
B. One Topps MLS Mini Insert Set
C. Two Topps MLS Pure Soccer Insert Sets
D. One Topps MLS Rivalries Insert Set
E. One Brian Ching Autograph
F. One Brian Ching Relic Card
G. One Incomplete Topps MLS 1978 English Footballers Set
H. Two Short Print Variation Singles
I. A Ton of Extras
Next up, a 1988 49ers Police set:
I'm not a fan of the 49ers, but I am a fan of oddballs... especially 80's oddballs.
And finally... the binder... which had a variety of stuff, ranging from base cards to a few inserts and parallels. There were also forty to fifty autographed cards from a variety of 80's players and managers:
But the key to this purchase was the binder's vintage cards:
Anytime I'm presented with the opportunity to add a few cards to my vintage binder... I get a little excited.
However there was still the issue of money and unfortunately his values and my values didn't line up at first. But after going back and forth for a few minutes, we settled on $50... which is about $20 more than I wanted to spend and $50 less than he originally wanted. Maybe I'll probably sell a few of the soccer sets to recoup some of my money.
Happy Sunday and sayonara!
More...
And after sifting through his stuff for almost an hour, I found a few things of interest: a binder, a 49ers oddball set, and a box of soccer cards:
Let's kick things off with a bunch of 2013 Topps MLScards...
He busted a case and pulled the relics, autographs, and numbered parallels. Everything else went into the box you see above. What exactly are you looking at? Well here's the breakdown:
A. Ten Topps MLS Base Card Sets
B. One Topps MLS Mini Insert Set
C. Two Topps MLS Pure Soccer Insert Sets
D. One Topps MLS Rivalries Insert Set
E. One Brian Ching Autograph
F. One Brian Ching Relic Card
G. One Incomplete Topps MLS 1978 English Footballers Set
H. Two Short Print Variation Singles
I. A Ton of Extras
Next up, a 1988 49ers Police set:
I'm not a fan of the 49ers, but I am a fan of oddballs... especially 80's oddballs.
And finally... the binder... which had a variety of stuff, ranging from base cards to a few inserts and parallels. There were also forty to fifty autographed cards from a variety of 80's players and managers:
But the key to this purchase was the binder's vintage cards:
Anytime I'm presented with the opportunity to add a few cards to my vintage binder... I get a little excited.
However there was still the issue of money and unfortunately his values and my values didn't line up at first. But after going back and forth for a few minutes, we settled on $50... which is about $20 more than I wanted to spend and $50 less than he originally wanted. Maybe I'll probably sell a few of the soccer sets to recoup some of my money.
Happy Sunday and sayonara!
More...






Comment