Hello All-
I have been a Georgia resident for all of my 40+ years and have been a loyal Braves fan well before they started having more than 4,000 people in the stands... so much so that my dad and I could go to a game, buy upper level seats and sit 5 rows back off of third base....then a line drive goes foul into the left field foul ball area and my dad would say that I could go and get it then or wait until the inning was over... HAHA
Anyways, my pickle...
I am looking to take my wife home to Fort Wayne, Indiana and find employment in the Indy/Fort Wayne area. I grew up with my Dad taking me to at least 2-3 games each year and want to do the same for my son who is 4. I would also hit the local Class A affiliate for as many as possible.
I have looked at maps and distance indicators and seen that Detroit, Cincinnati, Cleveland and Chicago are the closest. Fort Wayne has a Class A team for the Padres as well.
I am torn to keep collecting my Braves and see them when they come to Chicago or Cincinnati or to take up the Padres so that we can follow the rookies up to the major leagues and then see a major league game when San Diego comes east as well.
It would be starting over in a sense, but that is also the fun of collecting in my opinion. I would be collecting older cards as I do not have the $$ to put a bunch into new cards as I am saving for the move... but I have a couple of hundred thousand to trade and get hopefully what I would want to get started.
Would really appreciate any of you that are willing to weigh in as I am truly up in the air as to what to do...
SGC
I have been a Georgia resident for all of my 40+ years and have been a loyal Braves fan well before they started having more than 4,000 people in the stands... so much so that my dad and I could go to a game, buy upper level seats and sit 5 rows back off of third base....then a line drive goes foul into the left field foul ball area and my dad would say that I could go and get it then or wait until the inning was over... HAHA
Anyways, my pickle...
I am looking to take my wife home to Fort Wayne, Indiana and find employment in the Indy/Fort Wayne area. I grew up with my Dad taking me to at least 2-3 games each year and want to do the same for my son who is 4. I would also hit the local Class A affiliate for as many as possible.
I have looked at maps and distance indicators and seen that Detroit, Cincinnati, Cleveland and Chicago are the closest. Fort Wayne has a Class A team for the Padres as well.
I am torn to keep collecting my Braves and see them when they come to Chicago or Cincinnati or to take up the Padres so that we can follow the rookies up to the major leagues and then see a major league game when San Diego comes east as well.
It would be starting over in a sense, but that is also the fun of collecting in my opinion. I would be collecting older cards as I do not have the $$ to put a bunch into new cards as I am saving for the move... but I have a couple of hundred thousand to trade and get hopefully what I would want to get started.
Would really appreciate any of you that are willing to weigh in as I am truly up in the air as to what to do...
SGC

I am studying a couple of the minor league sites for the Padres as I have read up on the Braves for years on end... I really appreciate your insights as it helps me stay loyal. I am a little apprehensive about the move as it is to make the wife happy in taking her back home. I truly think that Foxworthy said it best when he said "if Mama ain't happy, then nobody's happy" and she has not been happy for some time even though she moved down here on her own before I was ever in the picture. I think opening it up to two teams now will be a lot of fun, and the Padres are pretty darn cheap compared to the Braves.
Comment