• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flea Market Finds #56: A Lil' Bit of Everything

When: Saturday, March 15th
    Where: Branham High School Flea Market
    What: Sports Cards, Comic Books, and a Model
    How Much?: $62

After controlling myself at the card show the night before, I didn't expect to spend much at the flea market... especially since it's been slim pickins for me as of late. However the ball started rolling right out of the gate with my first purchase taking place at the first vendor I approached.

Purchase #1: Vintage Hall of Famers$5

I'm always looking to add hall of famers to my vintage binder... even if they're in poor condition and are full of tape.

Purchase #2: The Walking Dead Trade Paperbacks$10

I've been thinking about collecting this series of trade paperbacks, since some of the comic books are way out of my price range. Now that I have the first three... I might just dive in head first.

Purchase #3: More Sports Cards$15

A guy who collected in the 90's was dumping his collection, so I spent a solid 30 minutes digging through his stuff. I was excited to add another Catfish Hunterautograph to my collection. And the Barry Bonds card in the bottom left corner is my very first Donruss Eliteinsert card.

Purchase #4: 1981 Topps Traded Set$10

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before... but I'm building a collection of Topps Tradedsets from my childhood (1981 to 1989) that I currently have displayed in a binder. With this purchase, I now own a total of five sets: 1981, 1984, 1986, 1988, and 1989.

Purchase #5: 2008 Topps Factory Set$20

I'm planning on writing a post where I list out my favoriteToppsset from each decade. Here's a preview... my favorite design of the 2000's is 2008. It's the reason I used the design for my own trading card.

I jumped back into the hobby in 2008 and for some reason, the design has a retro feel to it. Unfortunately, I never completed the set. Now I won't have to.

I saw the set on a vendor's table and noticed it included a Mickey Mantle relic card. It didn't take long for me to accept the guy's offer.

Purchase #6: 1996 Wave Red Shoulder Model$2

I don't build models and have no idea what a "scopedog" is... but the kit was intact with pieces, instructions, and decals. So I grabbed it for the price. I'll probably end up flipping the next time I set up at a flea market.

Well... that wraps up last Saturday's trip to the flea market. I went to the Capitol Flea Market on Sunday and picked up a few more cards and a bobble head, but I've rambled on long enough. I'll share those items either tomorrow or Saturday.

Happy Thursday and sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

I love to see that there are other people like me who enjoy spending 30 minutes going through someone else's collection picking up stuff. My wife thinks it is a waste of time, but I find it so relaxing (providing she is not with me! Ha! )
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Working...
    X